CEL with Blinking Cruise Control?

Scooby

I own a Manual 2016 WRX

Started my car yesterday. Letting it warm up. About a minute in my CEL came on along with a blinking cruise control light. I shut the car off. Then I unscrewed the gas cap and put it back on. I started the car up and it didn?t clear.

Today I stopped to get gas. Filled up my tank, started the car and the CEL had reset itself. About a minute into my drive after getting gas. The same CEL came back on.

Any ideas? I have read elsewhere about a neutral safety switch. Not sure of what that is or what else it is.

Also, the fan seems to be making a slight ticking sound when it?s on. Not sure if it?s related or not.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I own a Manual 2016 WRX

Started my car yesterday. Letting it warm up. About a minute in my CEL came on along with a blinking cruise control light. I shut the car off. Then I unscrewed the gas cap and put it back on. I started the car up and it didn?t clear.

Today I stopped to get gas. Filled up my tank, started the car and the CEL had reset itself. About a minute into my drive after getting gas. The same CEL came back on.

Any ideas? I have read elsewhere about a neutral safety switch. Not sure of what that is or what else it is.

Also, the fan seems to be making a slight ticking sound when it?s on. Not sure if it?s related or not.

Thanks
I'd probably scan the ECU and pull what code it is throwing so we could possibly point you in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Grinder34

Track Monkey
If you have an Accessport, or similar, pull the code for us. If you dont, stop by Autozone/Advance Auto/Etc... and borrow the code scanner. Should be free, they might hang on to your license or something though.

Grinder34 is correct on this we can?t give you direction with out pulling the code. As to the cruise control light blinking that?s the ecu disabling cruise control wheel a cel is present. This is a safety thing as an engine that has an issue could surge or lose power and you should not use cruise control while a cel is present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
What they said... ^ Definitely read the code. What you are describing is "Limp Mode." While it is often a neutral safety switch or clutch position sensor (which sometimes even goes away on its own...happened to me a few years back), it COULD be far more serious.

So definitely pull that code and try not to horse the car too much, even after clearing it, until you determine that nothing is wrong and the code hasn't come back for a while.

You surely don't want to grenade the engine.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I own a Manual 2016 WRX

Thanks
Did you ever scan the ECU for what codes its throwing?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
For the guys who don't have a scanner, I'd recommend you get a $12-15 one from ebay. They read the ECU for codes and you can also clear codes. One of the better investments for $15 shipped.... That's what?... a trip to Starbucks and Chipotle? Skip a meal for assurance and peace of mind in the future. :tup: