New to the group

sacnvz

What's up everyone! I don't have an STI just yet. I purchased a WRX a month ago but the STI kept calling. So I went this Sunday to put in the order. Dealership was more than happy to take back the current WRX that I have now. I'll get the details of the delivery date tomorrow. I can't wait!!!

So in the mean time I get to mess around with this and familiarize myself with driving a manual again. This is my first manual car in 16yrs. Wifey can't drive stick so we always just purchased autos. In April I was able to purchase her a new Mazda6. So now that she's all good to go with her car I was able to go out and buy myself exactly what I wanted.

Thanks for reading!

Here's what I have now:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!!! Let us know how the sti is compared to the wrx when you get your hands on it! :tup:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome.

Did you end up losing any money trading back in?

sacnvz

Welcome.

Did you end up losing any money trading back in?

At this point I've only made one payment on the WRX. They said once the STI arrives they'll just pay off the loan completely and I'll start a new loan for the cost of the STI. I haven't negotiated a price for the STI yet but I'm pretty positive I'll get a good/decent deal on it.

sacnvz

Welcome to IGOTASTI!!!! Let us know how the sti is compared to the wrx when you get your hands on it! :tup:

Before I placed the order I did get a chance to test drive the STI. Right away the shifter was a lot shorter than the WRX. And my current WRX has the STI short shifter in it. The clutch on the STI grabs much lower than the WRX as well. Handling is much tighter around turns. Coming off the freeway into a turn doing about 60mph there was very little body roll or lean. You definitely notice the HP difference between the two cars.

The WRX is fun but the STI just brings it up to another level. I'm from Sacramento, CA so I'm looking forward to taking it up to Lake Tahoe at the end of this summer and I can't wait for the winter season to go snowboarding.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=3698]sacnvz[/MENTION] i request pics and will hold you to it!!! :tard:

Evo_Fucking_STi

Keep the wrx, you get all the new technology, low mount turbo, high compression, direct injection motor. New six speed, and all the stuff that the Sti should have gotten and will in 2016 when they redesign the Sti and give it a face lift to look more like the concept.

I think buying an Sti right now doesn't make any sense I have driven both and would much rather the wrx, that coming from a guy with a highly highly modified Sti.

drac77

It's all good, I plan to just trade mine in on any new one if worth it in 2016 or 17 when it comes out. Never paid a car off in my life and never plan to either. I had a 2011 I traded in on a 15 and made money on the trade in allowance I got. I am enjoying the heck out of it now though....oh and welcome new guy [MENTION=3698]sacnvz[/MENTION]

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
So what do you think [MENTION=3698]sacnvz[/MENTION].

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Good deal. Now the speed addiction starts, lol.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Definitely a neck breaker! :tup:

sacnvz

Guess who just won $1000 from the dealership! Yup that's me! While we were waiting to sign papers my wife entered me into a weekly drawing. I just got a call from the dealership letting me know I won!

Cobb accessport here I come! LOL

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Guess who just won $1000 from the dealership! Yup that's me! While we were waiting to sign papers my wife entered me into a weekly drawing. I just got a call from the dealership letting me know I won!

Cobb accessport here I come! LOL

Awesome! Congrats!

You could also get a Platinum membership here and get some free gear from us. ;)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Well thats awesome! Stage 1 is coming sooner than we thought! :lol:

Platinum ftw!!!!!