Man killed on Traphill Road "2005 Mitsubishi Lancer"

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
This is so sad to see that a young man lost his life due to speed. Please keep it on the track. :(
#crash #evo

546a464e910e0.image.jpg

Traphill Road fatality

Fatal Collision—Joshua Brian Wiles, 28, of Hays was killed Sunday on Traphill Road when his Mitsubishi Lancer, front, collided with a sport/utility vehicle. The driver of the SUV was taken to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem for treatment of serious injuries.

Posted: Monday, November 17, 2014 2:06 pm | Updated: 2:07 pm, Mon Nov 17, 2014.
Chuck Hubbard |

A Hays man was killed in a high-speed collision Sunday afternoon on Traphill Road in the Traphill community, according to Trooper Z.M. Jennings of the N.C. Highway Patrol.

Joshua Brian Wiles, 28, of Rock Creek Church Road, driver of a 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer, died at the scene of massive head trauma, Jennings said.

Linda Swaim, 62, of Benham Church Road, Elkin, driver of a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox sport/utility vehicle, was taken to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem by Wilkes EMS. A spokesman at Baptist said Ms. Swaim is in good condition.

Wiles was traveling east at a high rate of speed when he went off on the right, came back on the road, slid left of center and spun sideways before colliding with the front of Ms. Swaim’s vehicle in the westbound lane, Jennings said. Ms. Swaim swerved to the right, but was unable to avoid the collision.

Both lanes of Traphill Road were blocked by the collision, which happened around 3:15 p.m. Traffic was diverted by Traphill firemen and first responders.

Sgt. J.S. Fox and troopers R.D. Holbrook, C.M. Anderson, Jody Hatcher and Eddie Hall assisted Jennings with his investigation.
Both vehicles were destroyed by the collision.

I know the kid that owns the black sti in the background. He was really good friends with josh. Please pray for josh's family and friends along with the others involved in this accident as well.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I know the kid that owns the black sti in the background. He was really good friends with josh. Please pray for josh's family and friends along with the others involved in this accident as well.
Will do.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
My condolences to his.

We've all been there, we've all done it.

These cars are like a drug, an addiction. She tempts you on every curve, every straight. Like sirens to the rocks. Man with machine. The rush of the thrust. She's the dragon we all chase.

Jesus may be your copilot but the devil is under your hood.

I know the kid with the black STi. According to him the media reports are exaggerated and they weren't going at excessive speed. This is very tragic, and the local car community is shocked.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I know the kid with the black STi. According to him the media reports are exaggerated and they weren't going at excessive speed. This is very tragic, and the local car community is shocked.

So did you ask him what happened?

Media will always blow everything out of the water. A bunch of tards they are. ;)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yes I did. For the record the Evo was going 35mph and the Equinox was going 60mph. The road was very slippery and too cold for the tires on the Evo. The Evo spun and the Equinox T-boned him.
Oh man.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Some one was going fast because the mangled mess of cars suggests it. It just sucks that everyone just automatically assumes it was the "fast cars's" fault