New Owner From SC

mikehouston

@mikehouston are you on the Carolina subies club Facebook page? We have meets every Saturday night off of independence blvd. It's a fairly active group. Just don't mind some of the people that post in there..... they are full of shit. Sounds like you have a good grasp on things, especially by doing your own research, but if you ever need anything don't be afraid to ask. This forum is like none other.

yeah I am on there. Not very active on it though. Are you talking about the Charlotte Subaru Club or Carolina Subies? I am on both. as well as South Carolina Subaru Club.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Lotsa weight can be lost!

Off the top of my head:
Rear Seat Bar Removal
Front U-brace Removal
Bumper beams Replace
Carbon Fiber bits
Lightweight Wheels
Coilovers
Sound deadening (if you wanna sacrifice that)
AC Removal (same as above)
Exhaust Replacement
Front Seat Replacement
Lightweight Battery

and the list goes on!

mikehouston

has anyone created a master list of what certain stock parts weigh by any chance? I havent been able to find one so just thought i'd ask.

mikehouston

Went to the shop that rebuilt and tuned the car at lunch time. Was able to get the build sheet from the engine that the guy bought to put in it. So I got some reading to do! So far looking pretty good. I now know the head does have some porting, stage 2 cams, oversized valves. etc

yeah I am on there. Not very active on it though. Are you talking about the Charlotte Subaru Club or Carolina Subies? I am on both. as well as South Carolina Subaru Club.
Yea either one, saw your intro post.

Can't go wrong with an OBP Hawkeye, of course I'm biased too... Hopefully I'll see you around.

mikehouston

I work on Mallard Creek Church Rd. So if you are in that area. You will see me. up here 3 to 4 times a week. other days i work from home