OEM Intake Question

jimoblivion

How important is it to have part #2322 installed? Of course I'm going to put it on, but i'm curious. As some of you know I have an AEM airtake that was on the car when I purchased it. I want to reinstall the OEM Intake and get an OTS Cobb Map. I've been in the market for a OEM Intake and I've found one and its on its way, but I just wondered what difference it'd make w/out that piece? Most of the intakes offered, when I asked folks for a pic. No one responded so I started just asking people if they have everything in the photo I have down below. Two people said they were using that part (#2322). "Well WTH am I supposed to do w/out it"? That's why I'm asking guys?

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g188/jimoblivion/fullpic_1.jpg

It's honestly the only part that directs front cool air into the airbox, otherwise the intake will mostly suck in all the heat from the engine bay. But maybe the winter months will be in your favor till your able to find one.

Maybe you can find the scoop at your local junk yard perhaps.

edit: owait, all of em are marked 2322, are you referring to all of it or a certain piece? I was only looking at the scoop originally.
edit again: I see it's missing that tube that plugs into the firewall. You can cap that off on the elbow, it's perfectly fine to delete that sound tube as it honestly doesn't work well and sounds odd.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
You'll definitely need that piece as [MENTION=3232]CSF707[/MENTION] stated.

We have the intake and everything else brand new if you want it. ;)

jimoblivion

It's honestly the only part that directs front cool air into the airbox, otherwise the intake will mostly suck in all the heat from the engine bay. But maybe the winter months will be in your favor till your able to find one.

Maybe you can find the scoop at your local junk yard perhaps.

edit: owait, all of em are marked 2322, are you referring to all of it or a certain piece? I was only looking at the scoop originally.
edit again: I see it's missing that tube that plugs into the firewall. You can cap that off on the elbow, it's perfectly fine to delete that sound tube as it honestly doesn't work well and sounds odd.
No, just that angular black piece. I agree w/what you were saying about it just sucking hot air w/out that triangular piece?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Ours is a 2016, but still the same.

?Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!?

jimoblivion

Ours is a 2016, but still the same.

Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!
Thanks I got one coming. If that falls through, lol. I've had 5 offers and it's like no one is really trying to get it to me. If I were looking to sell something, I'd get it out quick. IDK, maybe I'm the only one like that?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Thanks I got one coming. If that falls through, lol. I've had 5 offers and it's like no one is really trying to get it to me. If I were looking to sell something, I'd get it out quick. IDK, maybe I'm the only one like that?

No worries. All good!!!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
How much did you end up paying?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Just out of curiosity. No one is going to make any negative comments.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We say at least a $100?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Honestly, one of the better options of dropping $100 on. :tup:

Does it come with the filter too?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I'd say leave the stock one on.
[MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] What do you recommend these days?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Stock filter.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Yeah. The K&N one alters air volume and the OTS map is for the stock filter.