So, it wasn't the clutch at all then... damn flywheel! :banghead: :angry:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
That sucks.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
There you have it folks. Dont resurface your flywheel twice! :lol:

Nice STi man! What kind of power does it put down? I'm thinking about running meth since northern WV has no E85 pump anymore : (

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Thanks dude! Well, do you want the heartbreaker or dream maker numbers? :lol: On a Mustang Dyno it made ~330whp/315wtq in hot sticky weather. On a Dynojet in more pleasant weather it made ~385/370. Since then, I've added a carbon fiber driveshaft which feels like it freed up some torque. I could make a lot more power right now, but I'm running a modest tune so I don't blow up the stock internals. :|

When I eventually put some forged guts in this engine, I'm shooting for ~460/450 to the wheels.

If you are going to run meth, spend the time and money to get a good quality system (preferably with a fail safe) and set it up right the first time. A methanol system failure at full boost = a destroyed engine.

Thanks dude! Well, do you want the heartbreaker or dream maker numbers? :lol: On a Mustang Dyno it made ~330whp/315wtq in hot sticky weather. On a Dynojet in more pleasant weather it made ~385/370. Since then, I've added a carbon fiber driveshaft which feels like it freed up some torque. I could make a lot more power right now, but I'm running a modest tune so I don't blow up the stock internals. :|

When I eventually put some forged guts in this engine, I'm shooting for ~460/450 to the wheels.

If you are going to run meth, spend the time and money to get a good quality system (preferably with a fail safe) and set it up right the first time. A methanol system failure at full boost = a destroyed engine.

Heartbreaker as in TPG's Mustang Dyno? I see where you are from PA so figured that might be the one. I put down 351wtq and 313whp @ 22psi after my 05 STi swap on that mustang dyno. Basically Stage 2 with 850s. I plan on getting a good meth kit with a failsafe unless WV gets some E85 pumps. I want to be around 500whp/wtq eventually.

My build thread: http://igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?6798-My-04-WRX-Swapped-to-a-05-STi-from-the-beginning!

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
No, it was Horsepower Logic's mustang dyno in Royal Palm Beach, FL. Though I grew up in PA, I left home at 18 to join the navy and bounced around the country for 8 years. Honestly, I feel that the dynojet's numbers were a little high. My 93 oct+meth tune was meant to be conservative to protect the engine considering I'm driving it every day, but even then I think it might be a little too conservative. :lol: I'm only running 19 psi, but where the boost is lacking, the methanol makes up for. The GT30 is great, not too big where it's too laggy. I miss the quick stock spool, but it ran out of boost soooo fast. Now I should be able to run 24-25 psi easily to 7000rpms.

Last edited:

ZackUSAF82

Heartbreaker as in TPG's Mustang Dyno? I see where you are from PA so figured that might be the one. I put down 351wtq and 313whp @ 22psi after my 05 STi swap on that mustang dyno. Basically Stage 2 with 850s. I plan on getting a good meth kit with a failsafe unless WV gets some E85 pumps. I want to be around 500whp/wtq eventually.

My build thread: http://igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?6798-My-04-WRX-Swapped-to-a-05-STi-from-the-beginning!

There's E85 right by you and in Morgantown as well, not sure if it's worth a crap or not though. Here's the link:

http://www.e85locator.net/State Pages/WestVirginiaE85stationlocations.html

ZackUSAF82

That sucks, don't know why they're listed on that site, it generally doesn't show places that don't sell to the public. Meth injection will probably be your best bet then for sure but I'd still start asking your local politicians for publicly available E85.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Missing something.

Can't quite figure it out yet.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
IGOTASTi windshield vinyl! :tard: