Hello from Terra Australis!

ej207t

Hi All!

I came across this forum while searching for a new shift knob for my STI. I was looking for the S204 knob when i came across the IGOTASTI shift knob and said yeahhh thats the beans!

I drive an 04 STI with minor mods.

Bilstein PSS coilovers to replace the knocking stock struts (now after three years, these Bilsteins have also started to knock dammit!)
AVO Turboback exhaust with a tune.
Headlight modifications with 4 HID Projector fitment. That was such a fun project!
Rays Re-30 18x8 in matte black with Kumho KU-36.
And some other small minor cosmetic stuff like blacked out interior trim.

The car has purred like a kitten since i bought it 6 odd years ago. It still gives me that fuzzy feeling it did when i first jumped in and drove it home.

Thanks for reading fellas!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome to the team.

Your shift knob will be shipping soon.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!!! 04 WRB STi ftmfw!!!!!!! :bigtup:

Pictures asappppppp!!!!! :D

ej207t

As requested! But please note, theyre not the best pics in the world and im too damn slack to take more!

Bilsteins will most definitely be rebuilt, and maybe re-valved while im at it too. I want to try and eliminate as much of its natural tendency to understeer as much as possible, even though with the Bilsteins and Khumos on i feel most of the stock 'safe' feeling is gone, but could go a little more.

Ever heard the term 'on rails' ? thats essentially what im aiming for hehe.

I also forgot to mention i have Maddad gauges in a Defi triple gauge pod. Im not fond of the Maddads (theyre somewhat inaccurate) so Defis coming sometime soon.

Also have an STI front lip installed. Thats my second one, thanks to my wife. She told me a ramp going up to a parking lot wasnt step, until i heard the first one go crunch when the car hit a speedbump right as the ramp began to ascend. Who puts bloody speedbumps in that spot of all places?? Luckily this was replaced by the shopping center who caught it on their surveillance and i jumped up and down about it. Funnily enough, that speedbump is no longer there too!

i've installed a Whiteline rear swaybar with AVO end-links. Im pretty sure its a 27mm bar but its been so long i bloody forgot!

I will also be fitting some Project Mu SCR-Pro front and SCR rear rotors next month, so cant wait for that!

Planning to brace everything sensible in the car. Front and rear strut bracing, sub frames and the such.

Im also going to grab a pair of the Chargespeed Bottom Lines for the sides. I plan to remold / cut the sides so they follow the overall shape of the sideskirts. I think the current design looks a little tacky as they extend upwards towards the rear tyres like a wing. And to finish that off, an APR rear diffuser with a lip to complete that overall lip look to the bottom of the car.

You may have noticed by now im very specific with what i do. I find it damn daunting but when i look at modifying my car i always say to myself, if Subaru had another division above STI, what would they improve without making it too silly? You could say im inspired by the Litchfield style of modifying. You dont notice until you keep staring at it for a while then it hits you.

More pics will come soon the next time i wash it. Maybe in two weeks time if the weathers good!

Cheers!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Love it.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wow awesome!!!! I would like to request a picture of the light portrayed from the headlights at night. I want to see how much of a different the projectors make compared to stock reflectors. Pretty please!

ej207t

I'll take some night shots for you this week-end Alin, but i can tell you, it was worth every cent fitting the projectors.

It was fun fitting hacking up the headlights to fit them too. It really made me appreciate a good headlight, before that i thought nothing of them.

I need to angle the headlights a couple degrees higher so i get more coverage but even as they are now, its a massive difference.

I fitted the highbeam projectors upside down by accident so when they come on its like a wall of light due to the cutoff being on the bottom.

ej207t

Sorry folks i went awol for the last few weeks but i thought i'd share THIS, although its a little dark

Yep, i love this thing. its just the right size and just the right color combo with the red and white.

I had time off work for family stuff so when the office advised a package arrived i was expecting something else. When i saw the IGOTA sticker on the box i got all excited in the office foyer.
This was midnight mind you, and i can bet you that the security boys had a chuckle watching me do a happy dance through the cameras.

My only gripe, i dont have a matching copolymer center console, gearbox and air vent surrounds to suit it now :D. Might be an idea for the store Igota admins ?????? ;)

The gearbox surround is painted black with a red sti logo i filled with a glue syringe, which didnt come out perfect. it looks a little sloppy. and the black chips easily.

I may have a try a two-pack or caliper paint and bake that thing in the oven next time.

Alin i'll have photos of the headlights at night for you shortly now that i have free time this weekend!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Great pic!

We're so glad you like it [MENTION=3444]ej207t[/MENTION]. :)

Thank you for your support my friend!!!

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Sorry folks i went awol for the last few weeks but i thought i'd share THIS, although its a little dark

Yep, i love this thing. its just the right size and just the right color combo with the red and white.

I had time off work for family stuff so when the office advised a package arrived i was expecting something else. When i saw the IGOTA sticker on the box i got all excited in the office foyer.
This was midnight mind you, and i can bet you that the security boys had a chuckle watching me do a happy dance through the cameras.

My only gripe, i dont have a matching copolymer center console, gearbox and air vent surrounds to suit it now :D. Might be an idea for the store Igota admins ?????? ;)

The gearbox surround is painted black with a red sti logo i filled with a glue syringe, which didnt come out perfect. it looks a little sloppy. and the black chips easily.

I may have a try a two-pack or caliper paint and bake that thing in the oven next time.

Alin i'll have photos of the headlights at night for you shortly now that i have free time this weekend!

The igota knob is nice. I really like mine.

Try plastidip for the surround. Seems durable and temporary, if need be.

Vinyl is another alternative.
Or if you like the paint, sand the items then use an adhesion promoter for plastic. This will help keep the paint from chipping or peeling.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Awesome!!!!!!! Shift knobs looks great in your car! :tup: cant wait to see the headlights!!!! Thanks! [MENTION=3444]ej207t[/MENTION]

ej207t

Hi All,

Unfortunately we had crap weather over the weekend and only managed to get this on my phone.

This isnt the best location to show off the projectors though, but this weekend looks a little more promising so i'll be heading over to the closest parking lot to take some night shots!