Spamby's '08 STi

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
What do you mean she doesnt use windows?! And how dare you call it a hooptie! :lol:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Mirrors!
Did the plugs, both air filters to K&N. And oil so she's running like a top but with blue plastic and duct tape on the window, it looks like a damn hoopty. Lol

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
You give the guy that did it a total yet?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Sorry meant mirrors. Show us a picture of the hoopty when you get a chance before the repair!

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Wow. Been a helluva week for windows. Neighbor decided to treat the porsche with a rock thrown from his weedwacker. SMH. The stars are just not aligned in my life.

View attachment 5357

If you have full coverage, shouldn't 'comprehensive' cover this? Of course I'm not sure what the cost would be and you
might eat most of it due to your deductible anyway :-/

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
If you have full coverage, shouldn't 'comprehensive' cover this? Of course I'm not sure what the cost would be and you
might eat most of it due to your deductible anyway :-/

If we went to the dealer I would have claimed on comp and paid the deduct able. Would've saved us a few hundred... errr him.
Since Rennsport is doing it for 500, it would be a wash since the deductible is 500.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Hoopty certified! :bigtup:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
All fixed. They had to fix the sunshade on that door so another half hour labor. 550 all together.
Now for my damn window on the scoob.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Well that's good that it's taken care of. What's wrong with the window on the STi?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ouch. At least the windshield is going to be hell of a lot cheaper than the Porsche!

Trenda22

Very nice! I have an 08' as well. Why are you thinking of going to a 17" wheel? I just lowered mine and looking for 18x9.5's Anything I should be aware of? Thanks!

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Very nice! I have an 08' as well. Why are you thinking of going to a 17" wheel? I just lowered mine and looking for 18x9.5's Anything I should be aware of? Thanks!

Just because 18 are not really necessary. 17 can clear the brakes just fine. But I think I left that idea a while back. Back to 18's
Stay around a +38 mm offset. +42 ish should be ideal for plug and play.
I've got a set of Work XT-7 I will sell ya! :wink:

Trenda22

Just because 18 are not really necessary. 17 can clear the brakes just fine. But I think I left that idea a while back. Back to 18's
Stay around a +38 mm offset. +42 ish should be ideal for plug and play.
I've got a set of Work XT-7 I will sell ya! :wink:

What are you selling the wheels for? Have a pic?