Misfires, symptoms, and false codes. V2, now with Seafoam!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
What causes a misfire?

What are the symptoms of a misfire?

False misfire code?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Check all your electrical connections. I have run into this a number of times

Profet1182

Change your spark plugs, that is the major cause of misfires. Best way to know it's time is when your engine is at a higher idle than normal

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I reset the code. I let the car adjust after the reset. Everything is normal now. I am due for spark plugs though. :tup:
[MENTION=3730]Profet1182[/MENTION]

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
This car was just tuned... Send me a log please. You shouldn't have any misfires.

Log all your roughness monitors.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
This car was just tuned... Send me a log please. You shouldn't have any misfires.

Log all your roughness monitors.
Its not the tune. Its the plugs because they havent been changed yet. But i will get you a log regardless. Just the roughness, nothing else?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
:lol: We didn't tune with bad plugs. I'll show you pictures when I replace them. Bullshit fluke because I keep up with my car's maintenance. Nothing has come up since I reset the code. The car ran perfect the entire time. I'll get you logs tomorrow. I will make it my priority.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ok, I'm reading different gap measurements based on if the car is stock, what psi you're tuned at, and a few other things. 0.28-0.32 is what I'm seeing. What do you guys recommend I gap to and why?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
If you are anything over stock boost I recommend .028 or less depending how high you go with boost.

It's not written in stone it is just my experience.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Speaking of plugs. What is your choice of brand/model, George? [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION]

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Then should I go in between .028 and .030 at .029? (Assuming you're referring to stock boost at 14.5 psi.)