New to the group

Hello everyone, Im Paul and I have an 08 STi, actually my 3rd one, just cant get enough of these things.

Others were an 04 that I sold to get my first 08 and then that one was bought back by the dealer for engine problems.

This one was purchased built by the previous owner and it ended up having issues as well, which I expencted it too. With that being said I decided to build it myself and only use some of the parts not related to the engine.

Mod list is:

IAG Stage 2.5 C/D block
Manley Pistons and Rods
ACL bearings
ARP 625+ Head studs

GSC intake/exhaust valves and guides
BC springs
Viton Seals
3 angle cut

BoostLabs 20g turbo with 14cm hot side

Cobb DP
Tomai EL Headers
Borla Exhaust
Tial 38mm WG

ID2000/1300's (not sure which ones I want to use)
Walbro 450/DW300c pump (not sure which one I want to use)
Perrin E/L rails
Perrin FPR
Perrin inlet

air pump delete
TVG deletes

More crap I cant remember Im sure

In the process of putting everything together and looking forward to the first start with this set up. Eventually Im sure Ill go rotated which is why I have the ID2000's and WB450 pump just in case I need them

Tuned with an AP V3 on E85

Previous set up with only a built block and the turbo/exhaust and stuff the car made 420 HP 465Tq at the wheels, very surprised with these numbers on a dynojet dyno.

Hope to learn some stuff on here

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome [MENTION=5904]fiberedimage[/MENTION]. Let's see some pics!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!! You're going to absolutely love it here!! Nice numbers, dude!!! Post some pictures of the ride!!!

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Damn dude! Great numbers! I must say though, I am quite surprised that you are running that Cobb downpipe. They are well made, but the throat of the pipe tapers to 2.5" and creates some issues with flow. It might actually be holding you back a little bit. Is it the catted version or catless? Have you considered a true 3" downpipe?

Of course, all that is moot if you're going to go rotated.

Just curious.

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for the replies, so far this site has been a huge help with education, I cant believe some of the stuff I have been reading. Way better than the other sites Im on.

I have thought about going with a different DP but I havent really budgeted for that right now. It is a catless DP so at least there is that.

I just bought a Cobb Flex Fuel kit last night.... thought about going with innovate or one of the other companies but I would rather keep it simple so I pulled the trigger on that one instead.

Here is a link to all the cars I've owned over the years, some are better than others, you can see the change in interest over the years. The one with the blond, thats after two kids! If its NSFW, let me know and Ill yank it, er pull it, er you know what I mean! :)

But anyway, cant wait to dive deeper into the forum and see what all it has to offer.

Car Pictures: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4IEJRBX3TTNTGo2dTRvdHB6cVU&usp=sharing

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Love the pics! Who is Amy? :drool:

You should check out our lifetime membership. The premium forum has some amazing threads in it. ;)