Brandon's 2012 ISM STI

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Looking sweet as always!

Also always check your oil every time you fill up, lol.

?Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!?

Another little update but no pics lol sorry

So we have the sub wired up and bolted down, we used the left over air line from the air lift kit to run the plumbing for the meth tank. Meth tank is mounted and tonight we are going to purge the lines to make sure no leaks. I like the Aquamist system cause there is a testing mode that run the pump and just pumps air through the lines. Some people have made the mistake of using the meth itself but in doing so you run a chance of hydrolocking the engine lol after that its basically all done. Going to get an alignment and add some more negative camber to the front on Friday.

Other then that thats all for this year. I would imagine over the winter we will do a long block build.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Sickest fucking awards I have EVER seen!!!!! :shock: :bow:

SDMotorworks

On Vacation
Car is looking really good in those pics. Love those awards also!

So just going to talk about what ive been debating and would love some feedback

This winter I will be going with a long block build. So for my short block im really debating between building it myself with a buddy or ordering an IAG stage 2 block from another vendor.

One thing that worries me is the oil issues that surround a subaru. I want to stay oem sixe piston for the oil that gets by. Nervous with IAG stage 2 plus block cause they use a slightly bigger piston.

Next was im not sure if I would have the option of going King bearings with the extra oil clearance which I would love to have.

Then there is the oil pan debate and if its worth the time of getting a Killer B oil pan? Ill be changing to an Killer B oil pickup during the build.

The other update I had was this past weekend I noticed my meth hasnt been spraying. Checked the pump and it wasnt working so I checked the ground and it wasnt getting a good ground. Re-positioned that and the pump worked fine but still no meth. Next step is to take off the connection going to the throttle body and see if the meth is making it through.

SDMotorworks

On Vacation
[MENTION=3594]evans609[/MENTION] All of our customers who went with the IAG blocks love them, we are also going to be using the IAG blocks on our shop cars. The Killer B oil pan and pickups are amazing and we think a must do for any high horsepower build.

Well got some updates!

First update is I'm proud and honoured to say I signed a Sponsorship with Fisik Aero based out of Quebec, Canada :) so over the coming months we hope to see some lip kits and CF goodies on the car :)

I have priced and prob after Christmas ill order the wrapping materials and ill be tackling that myself so that should be awesome!

Next after doing some extensive research yet again I know what ill be doing for my engine rebuild. Im going to go with a 75mm crank in a new short block and have 1mm longer rods and get some longer custom pistons made. This setup doesnt be done much and when it does its used a lot in dragging or so it seems. With stock heads the car will rev out to 8k rpm and ill be doing all new valvetrain so ill prob have the rev at 9-9500 which will be loads of room for power.

First step to my plans is get the car in garage for storage and ill be taking my bpv, tmic and piping, downpipe, uppipe, inlet pipe, intake and turbo and ill be selling that. I already have 3 very interested buyers so that will be an easy sell. With that money that will pretty much buy my new setup. Ill only have to get the intercooler get which I decided ill be going with Full Race due to them already having a solid rotated manifold setup made so all the parts I need will be included rather then having to find a shop to make the custom piping.

So hoping to have the new fmic and turbo setup on by spring and have the engine done and ready to go in. But plans are meant to be broken so we shall see how everything goes.

My turbo setup is going to be piping from BNM Fabrications and ill be getting a Precision 6266 turbo.

Might throw some custom colours on the intake manifold, intake and charge piping.

Who knows haha should be an exciting winter with loads of changes.

builtsti

Well got some updates!

First update is I'm proud and honoured to say I signed a Sponsorship with Fisik Aero based out of Quebec, Canada :) so over the coming months we hope to see some lip kits and CF goodies on the car :)

I have priced and prob after Christmas ill order the wrapping materials and ill be tackling that myself so that should be awesome!

Next after doing some extensive research yet again I know what ill be doing for my engine rebuild. Im going to go with a 75mm crank in a new short block and have 1mm longer rods and get some longer custom pistons made. This setup doesnt be done much and when it does its used a lot in dragging or so it seems. With stock heads the car will rev out to 8k rpm and ill be doing all new valvetrain so ill prob have the rev at 9-9500 which will be loads of room for power.

First step to my plans is get the car in garage for storage and ill be taking my bpv, tmic and piping, downpipe, uppipe, inlet pipe, intake and turbo and ill be selling that. I already have 3 very interested buyers so that will be an easy sell. With that money that will pretty much buy my new setup. Ill only have to get the intercooler get which I decided ill be going with Full Race due to them already having a solid rotated manifold setup made so all the parts I need will be included rather then having to find a shop to make the custom piping.

So hoping to have the new fmic and turbo setup on by spring and have the engine done and ready to go in. But plans are meant to be broken so we shall see how everything goes.

My turbo setup is going to be piping from BNM Fabrications and ill be getting a Precision 6266 turbo.

Might throw some custom colours on the intake manifold, intake and charge piping.

Who knows haha should be an exciting winter with loads of changes.

This is epic. And it's already one of the best examples of an sti.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk