need help on next upgrades

JuanSTI

so if i wanted to get forged pistons and billet rods, big valve cylinder heads and cams can i do it with the stock block or would i have to upgrade it too? and what are good brands i could go with?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Your block should be fine though I would recommend all of the rebuild practices. Check for bore alignment, magnaflux, and milling of the deck. Along with your pistons and rods, why not upgrade to the later nitrated crank?
Don't use I-beam rods, they are not needed until very large horse builds and decrease longevity/reliability.
For the heads, I can't recommend anyone for OTS heads but from what I've seen on prices, you could probably have a shop redo yours with all of the goodies and larger valves for a cheaper price. Porting, polishing, deburring, angled grinds, deshrouding and blending and larger intake valves. This may be more cost effective and you are more in control of that cost plus you can customize what you want done.

JuanSTI

awesome and im also thinking of getting the perrin gtx3076r rotated turbo kit hopefully looking to get 400whp of course i have to save up all the money but hopefully looking to start on this build around april or so thanks.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
"What is the power goal?" would be my first question. You planing on more than 500 to the wheels or will you stay below 450?

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
gtx3076r rotated turbo kit hopefully looking to get 400whp

If you think that's all the power you will want, there may be a better choice of turbo. If I remember
correctly, a 3076 should support ~475whp. A 20g for example, with the right supporting mods and a
good tune should make 400whp and spool a bit sooner than a GT30.

Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I believe the stock block and internals can handle 400whp sufficiently. If the engine is in good shape and it has been maintained and it has a good tune, you can make 400whp all day.

My suggestion would be to build your motor only if you have a clear reason to do so like "I want 500WHP". Right now if your goal is 400WHP, then my suggestion would be to achieve that with the proper bolt-ons and mods and then a good tune.

If you do decide to build a motor then go with an earlier block castings. I understand the latest 704 casting is garbage, though I don't fully understand the differences.

JuanSTI

ok here is everything i got: tomei turbo m7960, manual boost controller, kstech 73mm short ram intake, 850cc injectors, walbro 255 fuel pump, random technology catback exhaust with the 4" turboxs dp, grimmspeed ewg uppipe 44mm tial wastegate,grimmspeed crosspipe, spec stage 2 full faced clutch, perrin turbo inlet pipe, grimmspeed aos, group n motor and pitch stop mounts, defi 60mm boost and oil pressure gauges, stoptech stage 2 brake kit, tgv deletes, ngk spark plugs, arp head stud bolts, and it will be tuned sat or sun.

JuanSTI

well i looked at this turbo and i really liked it so now i just wana make as much power as the stock block can take and while being a daily driver.