Hello Everyone,

My name is Jose, I am 24 years old, currently living Clifton,NJ. My previous car was a 08 bmw 328xi and i have decided to purchase a subie so i got the '16 STI in the famous WRB color also got a few options with it: key-less access,HK audio system, short shifter, & SPT exhaust. If someone can please give me some information on certain modifications that i can do to get it to stage 2, what would it be a cobb intake with an AP? would i have to change out my exhaust or will the SPT be enought for a stage 2? oh before i forget i am in a hurry but my car has about 3500miles on it, first oil change has beeen performed at Dealer..

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
[MENTION=5771]Jose4k4[/MENTION] welcome friend!

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
welcome buddy! "stage 2" is different to every person really but ideally you would be looking at an intake, full turboback (catless or catted) whichever you prefer, and a tune. i would recommend getting a protune compared to the OTS maps on the AP.

it really depends how far you want to go with the car but anything past what you have on it already will really void the warranty so thats another thing to take into account.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Welcome! Let's see some pics! :D

I will add to what war_panda said and suggest a fuel pump. Usually the 08 and above do not require a fuel pump but there are circumstances the will push the injectors to the limit like very cold weather at or around sea level. So it wouldn't hurt to just get a fuel pump for piece of mind.

Cobb has several OTS maps that are defined for several different intakes including AEM and the Cobb SF. Regardless all stage 2 maps require a down pipe regardless of any other mods. If you plan on using an OTS map then read the map notes and make sure you have the exact mod listed for that map and no others. As suggested, you are better off with a protune or one of our e-tunes. This way you don't have to worry so much about exact mods and it gives you the chance to customize your mods to your liking.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
holycrapitsfast is the go-to guy for technical questions and tuning advice. he kinda knows it all lol

SMY Performance

On Vacation
[MENTION=5771]Jose4k4[/MENTION] welcome friend. If we can help you in anyway please let us know. ;)

Welcome, as the others have stated, if you have any question feel free to ask. As I was told when I was younger, "the only stupid question is the one not asked". That being said welcome to the forum. The question I have for you is what do you want out of your STI and how do you plan to drive it. Knowing this will better help the people on this forum to give you advice.

Raven