2013 Satin White Pearl STi Limited

I still have a hesitation at around 3k but other than that she is perfectly fine. I was trying to get HolyCrapit'sFast to tune it out for me but I cant get my wideband to log with my new laptop. That whole situation with AWD still burns me up.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I still have a hesitation at around 3k but other than that she is perfectly fine. I was trying to get HolyCrapit'sFast to tune it out for me but I cant get my wideband to log with my new laptop. That whole situation with AWD still burns me up.

You had a reason to be mad, and they left a few months back as a Vendor.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
What wideband do you have and what windows os on laptop?

I am now trying to use a AEM Inline Wideband UEGO AFR Controller

http://aemelectronics.com/files/instructions/30-2310 Inline Wideband UEGO Controller.pdf

My laptop is running Windows 8.1 but I have also tried it on my old laptop that is running Windows XP. For what ever reason I can see the data coming in using HyperTerminal on both OS's (the data looks to be Lambda which AEM Tech support could not understand why) but ATR sees nothing. Cobb's Tech support said that they dont really support USB to Serial Adapters but some who try get it to work and the refer to there How to's on their website. I thought this was an odd comment because I think everyone has to use a damn Serial Adapter. He said they are working on the software to overcome this issue but they have nothing yet. Anyway I am frustrated with it now and almost wish I would have went the open source route as it seems the Romraider stuff works fine with Serial Adapters. I have tried to use Romraider but it is really foreign to me as I have not spent much time with it.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I had trouble with cobb so i switched to open source. I got my serial usb cable from radioshack. $40 cable but it supports up to windows 7 and has software for install.

A few weeks ago at MSR in Cresson Texas. 40 degrees out so had a hell of a time getting HEAT in the tires. Had some issues with my brakes so I wasnt able to go into the corners as hard as I wanted. Could have had much better times if I had warmer weather and good brakes. But I was one of the fastest on the track that day. Even beat my cousin in his GTR.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
You haven't updated this thread in a while. But I'll be your neighbor soon, as I'm moving to uptown in a few weeks. I spent 6 years in Houston, but I'm not sure about Dallas this time around.

You haven't updated this thread in a while. But I'll be your neighbor soon, as I'm moving to uptown in a few weeks. I spent 6 years in Houston, but I'm not sure about Dallas this time around.

I do need to update this. Were at in DFW will you be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I work in Allen which is South of Mckinney like 10 minutes. We need to meet up when you get in town. You will get to see what [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] has been working on. What do you do for work?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Ahh, i just googled Allen and Saw Mckinney. I'm living in uptown ON mckinney ave, not in mckinney!

I'll be working for AT&T downtown, and think I'll finally achieve my life dream of being able to walk to work!

Well I had my motor rebuilt by AWD Tuning after Cobb Plano messed it up. Made it just passed 12k miles in 11.8 months and spun a rod bearing. Off to build motor number 4. I'm starting to think I'm crazy for pouring my life savings into this thing!!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well I had my motor rebuilt by AWD Tuning after Cobb Plano messed it up. Made it just passed 12k miles in 11.8 months and spun a rod bearing. Off to build motor number 4. I'm starting to think I'm crazy for pouring my life savings into this thing!!

That is crazy!

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What caused it to fail?

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

Spun a bearing. Cobb Tuning paid AWD Tuning to do headwork that I paid to have done that wasn't done. While having that work done they said the oil analysis showed signs of premature bearing wear. Soooo I paid to replace those bearings. What I think caused it was the tune. It was always getting knock feedback so Keith turned of the fine knock learn sensor or so it seems because after his update it never registered anything after that. Even after it spun that bearing

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
"Build number 4..." If you don't mind me asking, how much do you have invested into the car?