Back again

Trosz

Hey squad just got my car back on the road, glad to be back in the community, great info on here, keep up the great work guys/gals. 2004 wrx STI is my ride.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!! You're going to absolutely love it here!! Post some pictures of the ride!!

How long have you had your car? Why was it down? How many miles on it? What other cars have you had in the past?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Hey squad just got my car back on the road, glad to be back in the community, great info on here, keep up the great work guys/gals. 2004 wrx STI is my ride.

Welcome!

What was wrong with it?

But tell us more...how long have you had it? What's been done to it (repairs and mods)? What kinda fun have you had in it lately?

Details!!

Trosz

Had the car since ?07, 304k on the car, up pipe, headers, short ram intake, walrboro fuel pump, Cobb accessport, Godspeed rear trailing arms, and basic repairs, just finished putting in a new heater core last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Thats a lot of miles!

I don't know too much about trailing arms...why go aftermarket? They let you adjust rear toe?

Ever do any track days of any sort?

Lets see some pics!

Trosz

Yes the adjustability was one reason the other being the solid bushings in the after market, I live in SASKATCHEWAN CAN. so we see some severe temp. drops here, the rubber factory bushings don't seem to handle the cold well. The rear end was slopping around due to the bushing deterioration. AS well my car sees a lot of gravel/country roads, rain, mud, snow, all of these have me looking to upgrade parts that will last longer than OEM and possibly improve the quality of the car, mainly longevity.
Right now my issue is with the hvac, my blower motor wont engage but i took a few weeks off work this month and this should allow me to trace back which relay is the culprit. i looked through the forums but didnt see much posted on this issue.

as with the miles I am as shocked as most people, those were NOT TAME miles lol, my car takes a beating, I never had an issue with the car, mainly routine maintenance, wheel bearings, a few times (rears were fun...not), turbo replaced, but nothing serious where i had to take it to a shop. She uses the oil though but I am waiting to get a complete engine rebuild and the heads done, hopefully by this summer. until then I will do my best to keep her running. thanks for the advice and input, great community here.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
With the amount of miles on the chassis, does it have any rust?

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Yes the adjustability was one reason the other being the solid bushings in the after market, I live in SASKATCHEWAN CAN. so we see some severe temp. drops here, the rubber factory bushings don't seem to handle the cold well. The rear end was slopping around due to the bushing deterioration. AS well my car sees a lot of gravel/country roads, rain, mud, snow, all of these have me looking to upgrade parts that will last longer than OEM and possibly improve the quality of the car, mainly longevity.
Right now my issue is with the hvac, my blower motor wont engage but i took a few weeks off work this month and this should allow me to trace back which relay is the culprit. i looked through the forums but didnt see much posted on this issue.

as with the miles I am as shocked as most people, those were NOT TAME miles lol, my car takes a beating, I never had an issue with the car, mainly routine maintenance, wheel bearings, a few times (rears were fun...not), turbo replaced, but nothing serious where i had to take it to a shop. She uses the oil though but I am waiting to get a complete engine rebuild and the heads done, hopefully by this summer. until then I will do my best to keep her running. thanks for the advice and input, great community here.

Wow. Great job keeping her on the road that long. :tup:

Trosz

Thats a lot of miles!

I don't know too much about trailing arms...why go aftermarket? They let you adjust rear toe?

Ever do any track days of any sort?

Lets see some pics!

No track days but driven like it daily, I live in the county not many cops around so it?s gets put through the grinder lol.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
No track days but driven like it daily, I live in the county not many cops around so it?s gets put through the grinder lol.

I advocate this to everyone, but you should reaaaaaly find time to do an autocross or something. So. Much. Fun. And it teaches you a lot about the car and car control--even if you're already accomplished you'll learn something!