magnaflow exhaust

13SubSTi

Looking at getting a magnaflow for my 2013 STi. I like the deep rumble n everything else I'd like to know if there's anything else that compares sound wise and power? Would you recommend a high flow CAT to go w this also from magnaflow and what else would you need for a true full exhaust system will it need tuned after? Sorry if ?s sound ReRe but I mainly know NA Hondas still learning all this turbo knowledge

I'm no expert but true 3" piping turbo back exhaust is the usual, N1 style tips will get you the loudest rumble, quad tips slightly quieter but still great.
I've always been a fan of the invidia exhausts, not to mention the turbo back one was great! Haven't heard the ark exhaust in person but the videos seem very nice till you look at the price tag lol.
Another well spoken ones are Nameless and ETS. Youtube videos will give you a better idea what each of them sound like, when possible I'd go hear one in person unless you have a really nice setup speaker system to listen on, hopefully with a decent mic on the video.

13SubSTi

OK I think YouTube is going to b my only option there's not a whole lot of STis or WRXs for that matter cruising around Nebraska. What else would you recommend for headers, uppipe, downpipe, basically anything else. Thank you

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I don't recommend headers or up pipe right now. Start with a down pipe and a full 3" exhaust and then a Stage 2 tune. You will be very happy with the results! Unfortunately once you change out the down pipe, headers or up pipe, you require to be tuned. If you have a Cobb AccessPort, then an "off the shelf" tune will suffice for now. Also changing the headers and down pipe will change the tonal qualities of the sound and it will become more raspy and lose some of that rumble.

I really don't like the magnaflow exhaust. I think they look cheap and they use slip joints, not flanges. Invidia is my personal favorite but the exhaust systems that @CFS707 suggests are all very good systems. Also AVO is good but quiet.

13SubSTi

Yes I prefer to not have the slip joints I think it adds more room for issues later I'm still thinking about the Invidia Q300 I like the quad tips what would you recommend for a downpipe?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
FWIW I have had the Magnaflow CBE on my 08 for almost seven years. No issues and for the dollar it's hard to beat. A thing of beauty? Not so much but it's functional and does what it's supposed to. Then again, it's under the car so I really could care less what it looks like. I under coated it black so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.
Invidia downpipe for six years and no issues. Good pricing and well built.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Cobb, invidia and grimmspeed make nice stuff. Tomei does as well. Dunno about Injen.
Have friend that's had his Perrin DP and uppipe replaced once each and then fixed by one of our welders at work, each again. Perrin just sometimes to me seems really hit and miss.
If you get the downpipe you'll need a tune, so be prepared for that.

[MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] at a quick glance, how many companies actually do 3" pipes?
Cobb invidia ets ark tomei corsa agency milltek perrin subiespeed hks nameless rce

Buddy had the Invidia turboback, the whole setup was great! Downpipe looked well made and the sounds were just right.

13SubSTi

I think I'm going with Invidia will I still require a tune if I only get the CBE for now? Fianc? is already upset that I'm going to get one she thinks the car is nice enough as it is

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I think I'm going with Invidia will I still require a tune if I only get the CBE for now? Fianc? is already upset that I'm going to get one she thinks the car is nice enough as it is

No tune required for just a catback.

Yep no tune, time to hide the parts while you do the change Lol!

13SubSTi

Haha yea pretty much what I was thinking ... o that stash of random parts in the garage no that's been there u jus never come out here