Overheating or easy fix? 05 Impreza WRX Wagon

TK-421

Ah you'll find im one of the biggest Star Wars Enthusiasts around these parts on here. So much infact that I have other members sending me Star Wars shirts and other collectables. Even started a thread on the new movie coming out this year.

And as anyone who is learning from me, I always say, "Much to Learn you have Young Padawan"

J3DI

That's fantastic.

I'll have to start a post in one of the general tabs and share my collection and tattoos!

Btw, in case you're not aware Star Wars hot wheels are currently a thing and they're amazing.

TK-421

Oh trust me, when it comes to Star Wars I am very clued into what's going on. Especially the member of the 501st Terror Squad who's walking across Australia to raise money for children's hospital.

I actually think I might just go start a thread in the off topic video section and post links to all the best Star Wars Battle scenes like Hoth and Endor right now

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Food for thought:
If the radiator was brazed or soldered, that brown crap could be the flux from the brazing.

TK-421

I don't think I've seen or let alone even heard of shops doing a soldering or brazing job on radiators for almost 15 years now. With vehicles having plastic end tanks, most of the time any issues are just R&R. I do know that Aussie laws prevent shops from using methods such as that to repair things as the vehicle would get a defect notice. So things are generally just replaced. The "paste" itself sounds more like a flush agent or cooling system "sealer" that was added to it by this shop.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I don't think I've seen or let alone even heard of shops doing a soldering or brazing job on radiators for almost 15 years now. With vehicles having plastic end tanks, most of the time any issues are just R&R. I do know that Aussie laws prevent shops from using methods such as that to repair things as the vehicle would get a defect notice. So things are generally just replaced. The "paste" itself sounds more like a flush agent or cooling system "sealer" that was added to it by this shop.

Dunno. Just popped in my head so I threw it out there. Used to get radiators repaired rather than replaced on some of my old clunkers. Just remembered that gooey junk being left behind.
Mishimoto does list the radiator for my years as both aluminum tanks and a brazed aluminum core. So I should think that brazing still exists during the manufacturing of certain radiators.