The FNG

Dramallana13GR

Hey all,

I am new to the Subieb stage, converted Honda kid. I dont have big plans for mods as she is my daily driver, but I am the proud owner of a '13 STI, . I have done the silencer delete that I found here on the forums and will start with suspension mods as part wear out. Looking forward to seeing a ton of great info here.

Oh yeah, I am out in Texas. Any reliable shops near Dallas that people would recommend?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome friend!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!! You're going to absolutely love it here!! Post some pictures of the ride!! What Honda did you have?

Welcome! Like Alin said, you will love it here! There are members in the Dallas area and I'm sure they can point you to a good shop. Post some pics of your STi when you get a chance. Look forward to seeing you around. :tup:

SDMotorworks

On Vacation
[MENTION=6368]Dramallana13GR[/MENTION] Welcome to the forum, let us know if there is anything we can do for you. We have all kinds of parts in stock and are running specials all the time, contact us if you need anything.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
[MENTION=6368]Dramallana13GR[/MENTION] I just moved to dallas, so no recommendations yet. I know my way around an STI engine bay, and would be happy to help you get your bearings or assist in an install. Let me know!

PS suspension mods are the best! What part of dallas?

Hey all,

I am new to the Subieb stage, converted Honda kid. I dont have big plans for mods as she is my daily driver, but I am the proud owner of a '13 STI, . I have done the silencer delete that I found here on the forums and will start with suspension mods as part wear out. Looking forward to seeing a ton of great info here.

Oh yeah, I am out in Texas. Any reliable shops near Dallas that people would recommend?

The only shops here are AWD Tuning, Growler Motorsports (Formerly Cobb Plano) and Auto Science. If I had to recommend a shop based on my experiences I would say AWD. I did have a bad experience with them but Growler was worse after the got out from under Cobb. Oh and I'm in Dallas with a 13' STI as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dramallana13GR

I had an 06 FG2 that i dropped on Skunk2 Pro C coilovers, exedy 3 puck clutch and 6lb flywheel, t3t04E turbo, fmic, synaptic bov, with hondata. Fun little car.

Dramallana13GR

[MENTION=6368]Dramallana13GR[/MENTION] I just moved to dallas, so no recommendations yet. I know my way around an STI engine bay, and would be happy to help you get your bearings or assist in an install. Let me know!

PS suspension mods are the best! What part of dallas?
[MENTION=652]Grinder34[/MENTION], I am technically east Texas? Royse City. I work in Rowlett and make frequent run to Carrollton. Getting some miles on the Subie. Where are you?

Dramallana13GR

The only shops here are AWD Tuning, Growler Motorsports (Formerly Cobb Plano) and Auto Science. If I had to recommend a shop based on my experiences I would say AWD. I did have a bad experience with them but Growler was worse after the got out from under Cobb. Oh and I'm in Dallas with a 13' STI as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[MENTION=1868]Boogieman98[/MENTION], That sucks to hear! I dumped 5k into a bad mod setup and tune on my Civic before I found a reliable shop. I know your pain!

What part of Dallas? What color GR?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
@Grinder34, I am technically east Texas? Royse City. I work in Rowlett and make frequent run to Carrollton. Getting some miles on the Subie. Where are you?

I live in uptown Dallas and work downtown. Haven't explored outside of walking distance too much yet! I've put about 12 miles on my car in the last month.
[MENTION=1868]Boogieman98[/MENTION] lives in Rowlett!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I live in uptown Dallas and work downtown. Haven't explored outside of walking distance too much yet! I've put about 12 miles on my car in the last month.
@Boogieman98 lives in Rowlett!

Holy shit!!! Drive your car!!! :rofl:
(I shouldn't talking though :lol: )

KenpoSTi

[MENTION=1868]Boogieman98[/MENTION] lives in Rowlett!

Wow this month I put a whopping 350 miles on mine!

Dramallana13GR

Wow this month I put a whopping 350 miles on mine!

350? Someone pays some tolls.
[MENTION=1868]Boogieman98[/MENTION], do you know where Waterview is? I build homes right near there. I have seen a few WRXs and an STI or two around there.

[MENTION=652]Grinder34[/MENTION], you should check out highway 276 between Rockwall and Royse City. Some fun curves, just not the last/first week of the month, cops are hunting right now.