GD Betsy 04 WRX swapped STi

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Cheap fixes, when you think it's expensive, are the BEST!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
new transmission rebuilt luckily it was the front half transfer case only the front differential. The diff was okay, the Axle stub on the passenger side was pulled out of the diff and the c-clip was damaged and it shredded down the splines of the axle stub. 100$ fix wahooooo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! good job. I like it when it's cheap :tup:

Cel P0463
I removed my intake manifold to install my APS turbo inlet that popped off the turbo everything was running fine before the turbo inlet popped off. So I removed the manifold and I reinstalled, connected all the electrical and hoses the way they were. Now I get a blinking CEL on throttle. No CEL when the car starts. Just when going to move the car and giving gas. Then I look on my AP and I have no codes, my fuel pump would prime when I turn the key. I hear it. The electrical connectors for all sensors and injectors are hooked up. All hoses and vacuume lines. I am not sure what it could be?

The car is a 04 WRX with a 11 sti block, WRX heads, TGV deletes, WRX ported manifold, Perrin rails, 850cc injectors, APS inlet, amrt60 turbo, Walbro pump, 05 sti cluster,

I'm trying to think of other things that could be causing this. The car never had this issue before removing the intake manifold.

I'm thinking I could of pinched a wire underneath the manifold to cause a short? but which wires could do that to the fuel system. There are only so many connectors for the injectors. I plugged in the crank positioning sensor, knock sensor, camshaft positioning sensor, the 3 on the top, throttle positioning sensor on te top back side of the manifold, and the two on the left side top of the manifold, what other connectors are underneath the manifold?

Also the powersteering connector I plugged back in, it wouldn't cause this issue, but removing the power steering pump is a must to remove the manifold to install the hard turbo inlet.

The blinking would only happen on throttle, and it wouldn't show up on the Cobb ap except once and I reset and it never showed up next start up, but then the car died and it wouldn't start back up. I couldn't hear the pump at all then I removed the ign fuse in the coin tray and replaced and it started, I drove and it hesitated and blinked a CEL at the same time it hesitated. So the cel would coincide with the hesitation. Any ideas? Te car won't drive and I'm upset I just installed the manifold in 4 hours by myself for the first time. I never needed to touch the pump or any of the units in the back in the tank cause this CEL P0463!?! So how do I get this cel when i removed and installed my intake manifold!?! Super upset right now

Found out it was a loose ground ?

a6bafcc974a06c0e7631cad17d7c92f7.jpg
I think it's time for a new fuel filter!

c4f6ea1148d869b8cf1c1e8960a67f96.jpg
i think it's time for a new stock fuel pressure regulator!?

fa82f491324aef4134b94ad5f92aa622.jpg
plugs new vs old cylinder drivers side against firewall

296ba1c994bef951b67657671c452be8.jpg
plugs cylinder drivers side front of motor, away from fire wall

d6bb9a7a730d7e114e0608cea8493c28.jpg
plugs passenger side against fire wall (obvious melted electrode made a smaller gap)

5cb94ebd268dcfeed02f30df77e4f4a1.jpg
plugs passenger side front

0d6a6e4952ecdf9a129106e91b85ff3e.jpg
I need one of these pretty soon too

bbb0f42b0b565aa59f9d30f8bef4acd9.jpg
I made some cool ramps for my ramps

7039a3b10e30812743a3d179d98296bd.jpg
awesome beach bum pic ?

31c201199204a0a10a510060f9054e1b.jpg

The under hood pic

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I need some ramps. I think i'm gonna just make them outta 2x10 or 2x12s. I just can't justify the price of some RaceRamps, and don't trust the cheaper ones, compared to $30 worth of lumber.

Do you get nervous with yours at all? I've seen so many scary pics of the ramps all bent/cracked/warped.

I bought rhino ramps from pepboys for 50$ and used 2x4"s cut two ~2ft sections and screwed on top another ~1-1/2 and offset it to sit on the ramp lol works great 2x12 are probably a little excessive but can't ever have enough safety! How wide are your wheels? My winter setup are only 225/45s on a 17x7.5" wide rim

Never at all! The only way they will crack is if the car falls on them. My mom wanted me to do an oil change on her Impala. I had the ramps out and was going back to the garage to get more tools. She decided to try to drive right on them and went way to far and just drove over them like some road kill. And they were jammed under the car lol now I needed to get the jack out and pull them out! Bahahahahahaha they were still okay and one was cracked the other wasn't, drove up the way I wanted to, nice and slow and they hold weight just fine haha it's such a funny story I wish I had a video. But I have used them more than 5 times since then and they still are great! I think they hold over 2 ton. They have bigger truck ones at pepboys too but the incline was too steep for my lowered setup

Grinder34

Track Monkey
If you look at the reviews on Amazon, there are lots of mixed results and some scary pics.

I'd need them wide enough for the other car which has 285/35/18 IIRC.

Someday I'll get to Home Depot Racing and get them to cut me up some lumber for me to assemble. Just been too lazy to measure the needed incline, then back-solve for lengths needed, etc...

Lol okay whatever you say I have trust in these and their solid. You can trust me more than Amazon ? I'm a real person lol. ? I never heard of plastic ramps till I bought them and used them myself I gained a lot of trust in my equipment. Always choke the rear tires too! I'm not sure if the ones on Amazon are the same rhino ramps from pepboys I like to see them in person, not online lol

As far as the other vehicle idk what it is weight wise and the tire should fit even if it does overlap. Just pull up evenly, let the weight center the ramp. Your good bro

Car is now sold! Ordered a 2016 Wrx from japan and will be here this week!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Car is now sold! Ordered a 2016 Wrx from japan and will be here this week!

Tell us more! Details son.

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

It's just a base model, but 2016 comes standard with new flatscreen head unit and rear back up camera! It's also WRB! I'm excited I haven't even seen the car yet! Monday I will be getting the vin so I can get insurance set up, then by Friday I should be driving home in my new 2016 wrx!