AP help.

would it help or would it not be advisable to drive out of town? and honestly, other than throwing parts at it, i dont even know where to start. smoke test came out with nothing, ive physically checked the lines. I guess the next step is to tear down the topend. ugh. im so over it.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Okay that may or may not be related, That sounds like a tuning issue more.

I'm off to bed right now.

I think I found it. But if it is in fact where the inlet meets the turbo, it's been that way for almost two years....

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I think I found it. But if it is in fact where the inlet meets the turbo, it's been that way for almost two years....

Fix it!

?Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!?

would it help or would it not be advisable to drive out of town? and honestly, other than throwing parts at it, i dont even know where to start. smoke test came out with nothing, ive physically checked the lines. I guess the next step is to tear down the topend. ugh. im so over it.

Like I mentioned I could give you a map to drive around on but I see you started work on it already and may have found a the issue. I am very interested to see the outcome. What ever you do should be instantly noticeable in the fuel trims.

Oh BTW this is Holy... I sometime go incognito as Real Auto Dynamics :D

Well, getting ready to start on it again. I think it's the inlet to turbo connection. I couldn't tell if it was on crooked or what, but it just doesn't look right.

I'm gradually getting more and more pissed off. The inlet tube under the manifold has to be the biggest automotive failure in years. I can't the stupid pos hose clamp back on the damn thing. This is ridiculous.

Looks like it's time to pull the intake manifold. If this doesn't work I'm burning it. No joke.

Unless someone has a better idea. I can feel on the bottom, it doesn't feel on all the way. But the stupid inlet tube won't move.

If silicone put the end your forcing over turbo in hot water and try.

Hair spray sounds odd as hell but seems to work as a lube that dries and won't cause it to pop off under boost as well.

You could do the soak in hot water dry then hit with hair spray combo.

Also alcohol some times help just drink a few beers or shots lol.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Lol. It's already on the car. Just slipped back a little.

As crappy as it sounds some times best to remove again and then clean thoroughly with alcohol hit with hair spray and try again.

I struggled with the stock one before and was like wth. The hair spray trick is what I used. I will be making sure to install my inlet on the turbo before putting the intake manifold on my new motor.

The hot water trick is what I use on my aquarium plumbing LOL