The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

Grinder34

Track Monkey
and my baby girl just turned 6 weeks! I'm here for ya!

People do such dumb shit. When we installed a new HVAC unit in our condo, the people who installed it didnt seal the ducts (hard to explain). But it caused a huge leak, and they re-visited it about 4 times with no fix before the owner came out and face-palmed, and fixed everything at no charge.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Joseph Herbert Hutley
Born on 5/27/2018 @ 8:34pm.
8 lbs. 7 oz. 21" long.

7820c7129650eb79cb20c55bade566aa.jpg

Last edited:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Congrats brother!

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Does anyone have an engine removal DIY?

I am going to start tearing it all down in preparation for the IAG engine.

Does anyone have an engine removal DIY?

I am going to start tearing it all down in preparation for the IAG engine.

Hardest part is remembering to remove the clutch fork shaft, and remembering to have a 10m Allen head socket to remove the cover.

For me I usually start by removing battery > drain fluids> intake pipe > alternator > ac compressor from mount and place where battery sits > radiator > disconnect wiring harness?s > fuel and vaccine lines > loosen turbo inlet> remove intake> remove down pipe > remove turbo > remove front o2 sensor > remove pitch stop > remove slave clutch cylinder > remove clutch fork shaft > unbolt block and ending mounts > place board in between ac condenser and block > lift motor out > remove clutch and fly wheel > place on engine stand.

If you don?t have a good memory how everything hooks up make sure you take pictures in-between each removal and baggie each set of nuts/bolts and label each baggie. Lastly make sure you post pictures here for us to see progress lol

Sorry really tldr version of how I do it. At this point I can get the motor out in about 1.5 hours. First time took me about 4 - 5 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Hardest part is remembering to remove the clutch fork shaft, and remembering to have a 10m Allen head socket to remove the cover.

For me I usually start by removing battery > drain fluids> intake pipe > alternator > ac compressor from mount and place where battery sits > radiator > disconnect wiring harness?s > fuel and vaccine lines > loosen turbo inlet> remove intake> remove down pipe > remove turbo > remove front o2 sensor > remove pitch stop > remove slave clutch cylinder > remove clutch fork shaft > unbolt block and ending mounts > place board in between ac condenser and block > lift motor out > remove clutch and fly wheel > place on engine stand.

If you don?t have a good memory how everything hooks up make sure you take pictures in-between each removal and baggie each set of nuts/bolts and label each baggie. Lastly make sure you post pictures here for us to see progress lol

Sorry really tldr version of how I do it. At this point I can get the motor out in about 1.5 hours. First time took me about 4 - 5 hours.

Thanks! I'll definitely come back to this as I go. MOST of this seems easy enough, but there's more than a few things I'm sure I'll struggle with.

And I'll definitely label, baggie and photograph stuff for reference.

bue car

Baggies!!! And labels. Like a 200 pack of ziploc and the left overs for in the house!

That goes along with photos of course.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
For sure, the one thing I know I'll do correctly is labelling and documentation.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
One of the funniest things I have heard all year haha

We shall see

:lol: No small feat, I'm sure. But I used to repair satellite comms, global command and control and radar systems aboard warships. And there's virtually no room for error in keeping track of the literally hundreds of circuits involved in backplane wiring. So in that aspect, it's not my first rodeo.

First time on an engine though, so... :unsure:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
At a minimum, it requires:

1. Masking tape
2. Sharpie
3. Sandwich bags
4. Rubber bands/zipties
5. Notebook and pen
6. Digital camera
7. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder