The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
uploadfromtaptalk1444519836623.jpg

Slowly but surely...

225 for 14 minutes. Take the screws out before you put the headlight in the oven. ***Whatever you do, never touch the inside of the lens cover. It'll never look the same again and if you buff it out, it'll fog up later. Wear latex or vinyl medical gloves just in case you happen to touch the inside, so your skin oil will not leave a mark.***

awesome info thanks! I just restored mine and they look so much better but they could be a lot better with new lenses. Also while their apart I'll paint the chrome to black, I already have the orange reflector deletes lol just needs some change��

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
awesome info thanks! I just restored mine and they look so much better but they could be a lot better with new lenses. Also while their apart I'll paint the chrome to black, I already have the orange reflector deletes lol just needs some change?

When you do this, post pics and call me for help if need be. Check PMs for my number. Headlights are one thing you don't want to fuck up.

When you do this, post pics and call me for help if need be. Check PMs for my number. Headlights are one thing you don't want to fuck up.

You got it bro! Thanks! ?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
So I finally got the Batmobile back on the road and my power steering is out. FML

Any advice guys?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Is it making any noise?

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Oh boy!

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Now I just need to find pics/diagrams of all this. Unfortunately, I know nothing about the power steering system.

Just pull off the alternator cover. There's a little black plastic elbow with a small bolt holding it in place. Pull it off and have something ready to catch the fluid. A rag should be plenty. Then replace the o-ring with whichever one fits best out of a variety pack from VatoZone or similar.

Link to rebuild thread if needed: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2127419

Plastic elbow I speak of is visible in those pics. It runs from the pump to the reservoir.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Before I eventually get back to working on the car, I figured I'd throw this up for you guys to see.

I finally got it back from the taxidermy after work today.

uploadfromtaptalk1445907873392.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1445907917040.jpg

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
The car is all put back together, but I haven't tackled the power steering issue yet. Too much homework and random housework. The fucking furnace shit the bed (almost burnt the house down...no joke) chimney is cracked, gutters need fixed, trees to trim, leaves to rake, hunting season is upon us and then when all that's done...
...I'm back to homework. :( FML

When I get back under the hood again, I'll be sure to let you guys know what's going on.

I greatly appreciate all the advice given. Especially because I know next to nothing about power steering systems.

Last edited:
I'll try to answer any questions I can, I've earned a little too much experience with the PS system on the STi. Leaky o-ring was the start, putting in the '15 STi rack with a full custom setup other than the pump forced me to learn even more.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Holy crap. That must have sucked. I will definitely be bugging you for more information in the future.

Chopping into the engine cradle was the worst part. May (or may not) have been easier with a reciprocating saw plus the couple angle grinders I used. I really should get myself a sawzaw one of these days. Getting the hose clocked correctly also took a few attempts (read as costly attempts).

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
What do you guys recommend for power steering fluid? I imagine I will need some soon. Some people have suggested Dexron III automatic tranny fluid. Are they nuts? I suppose I can find out when I get home and read my owner's manual. Either way, I'm going to get some from Advance Auto because f*** going to a stealership. :lol: