Best oil

Eagleye

Tinkerer
What are you using the car for? If it isn't driven hard you should be good with any of the 3. My understanding of their different offerings is that the xl and signature offer increasing levels of protection from repeated long duration high temperature situations (racing/extended "spirited" driving).

For me, i drive all the different ways. My car is my daily that gets 120 miles on her at least every day. Yesterday i was at the drag strip, tomorrow who's knows.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
You should be good with pretty much any synthetic oil as long as you change it every 3,000 miles. Do an Used Oil Analysis from Blackstone Labs for peace of mind. :tup:

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Eagleye

Tinkerer
For me, i drive all the different ways. My car is my daily that gets 120 miles on her at least every day. Yesterday i was at the drag strip, tomorrow who's knows.

Personally for the small bump in price I would go signature series and you could easily go 6k miles with that amount of daily mileage. I would still change the filter at 3k though. As Alin pointed out, you could do your first change with AMSOIL and send a sample to Blackstone Labs. They can advise if you can go longer (I'm quite sure they will tell you that you can go much further than 3k, but every situation/car is different).

I will only put your daily mileage on my car in a week, so I'll probably still change at 3k. It isn't necessary for me I'm sure, but if something fails I will feel better knowing I did all that I could to limit the risk.

Thanks guys for the help. Looks like I'm getting some signature series for the next change. And then some analysis to see how it's doing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Slim_Jim

I liked Amsoil in my other vehicles so much that I became a dealer! I run 5W30 XL in most everything, a friend of mine buys it off of me for his Toyota truck and loves it. I'm switching to Amsoil after the first oil change on my STI.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I liked Amsoil in my other vehicles so much that I became a dealer! I run 5W30 XL in most everything, a friend of mine buys it off of me for his Toyota truck and loves it. I'm switching to Amsoil after the first oil change on my STI.
Smart man!

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

SDblitz858

Smart man!

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

Hey! I have alot of left over amsoil 5w30 signature series from my supercharge civic that i totaled lol. im still under warranty 2018 Sti , Amsoil sig series doesnt void warranty doesnt it? also i have a bunch of oil but not their filter. can i use the blue subaru once for now?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Hey! I have alot of left over amsoil 5w30 signature series from my supercharge civic that i totaled lol. im still under warranty 2018 Sti , Amsoil sig series doesnt void warranty doesnt it? also i have a bunch of oil but not their filter. can i use the blue subaru once for now?

Well, I don't know for certain regarding the warranty, but I don't see how the oil would void the warranty. You'd have to read the fine print pertaining to the details.

You should be using the OEM blue Subaru oil filter. Unless you're racing, you don't need any other filter really.