FORESTER MOD TO STI FROM GREECE-ATHENS

tedscossie

Hi there you guys!!
I am Ted from Greece and i bought 2 years ago a Forester 2.5XT MY06 in a very good condition from a friend of mine with not many km (79.000km).
The car was in a very good shape except some marks from outside.

Here are some pics from 2013 January.

After 6 months in the mid of 2013 i decided to make some changes to the car cause it felt a bit slow... :)
The car i bought it with a Prodrive first stage kit.
It was a remap, a filter and a samco hose in intercooler.

So i decide to make something good.
I have change the turbo for an VF43 from an STI 2007, i put a new fuel pump Warlbro 255, a bigger Y pipe adn a free flow exhaust from the downpipe to the back without cat and a rear Prodrive box. I didn't want so much noise cause i have also a Sapphire Cosworth with 850hp so you can understand.....

After the remap the car made a healthy 280hp at the wheels.
It felt strong enough but u know...at the end you want more and more and more....as always.
The thing is that i bought this car for snow drift and specially for the mountain where i am most of the time.
So i wanted something reliable with no much hassle.
But after that in the summer the bad thing happened unfortunately.
The stock thermostat that i had in the car stack closed and in a journey returning home the head gasket failed, so i decided to strip the car to see what happened.

And when you start striping a car you start loosing money.
So i put everything down to see what is best for me and my pocket.
For my best luck a friend of mine in UK is a big dealer in second hand parts for Subarus and he gave me a very good prices for some things that in the end it was what i really wanted!!!

I wanted to make the Foz STI ina way that will suit my needs.
So the list included:
DCCD GEARBOX from a WR1 Impreza with linkage prop shaft rear hubs and diff R180 rear brakes Brembo and front ones, new clutch starter and flywheel.
I decided not to change it to a 114 because i didn't want to change my struts. So i kept the 5x100 hubs with hubcentric spacers 2cm front a rear to clear the calipers.
To the engine now:

New STI block from UK 2006
new head gasket from Subaru OEM
12mm oil pump
new bronze valve guides
new springs retainers
new valves
a tad polished head
and cosworth head bolts .
oh...and an STI intercooler from an 2006 Impreza.
I believe i didn't forget anything.

i also found some rear drop links and adjustable arms and track control arms from UK supplier in a very good price.
I wanted them because the car is raised by 4,5cm at the back and 3,5cm at the front. After the raised the rear wheels went a bit front so i had to put them again at the center, so with the rear adj. control arms it made it happened.

I decided not to put any other pistons because i know that i am not going to push the car over 300-330hp at the wheels, so the standard pistons in the new block will stand for quite a long time that kind of power.

After the re-mapping using an Ecutec Pro Race i managed to make 315hp the wheels and 390lb at the wheels.
The car feels very strong and powerful and especially with the DCCD box the car is amazing at the mountain!
Oh i forgot also that i bought from New Zealand from Mark a MappDCCD Pro which is very very useful and very good and easy to use it.
Especially with the ability of changing the maps through the laptop is fantastic!!!
It also has a left foot brake and 4 different maps!

I am very pleased now with the car ( ina way)/..hahahahaha...
when someone has the bug of modification it never ends!That's the only truth!!

Some more pics to come.

more pics from the car tomorrow...

Thanks for your time guys!!

Ted

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Nice job! This is one forester I wouldn't mind owning :tup:

Very nice, did you happen to get any fun videos uploaded?