Your Winter Setup or Winter Car

Hey all,

Thought this might be a nice little thread to start. Didnt see it around. Its a thread for your winter setup, winter pics or winter cars. Or just some crazy winter pics you might have.

I dont drive my subie in the winter so this is my winter car/daily driver.

eEv9zKa.jpg

5Dsfwb4.jpg

4knTeGR.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Now, you have to start a new garage for the winter beater! :fuji:

ZackUSAF82

I love driving my STi in the snow, sooo much fun! Nothing fancy for the setup, cheapest MSW 17" wheels Tire Rack had with Blizzaks. Car drives through snow like a tank, love passing 4x4's on the interstate. :D

1891487_723717047680520_760151586_o_zpse7077d93.jpg

Now, you have to start a new garage for the winter beater! :fuji:

Haha yea I was thinking about that lol but that takes away from the subie haha

I love driving my STi in the snow, sooo much fun! Nothing fancy for the setup, cheapest MSW 17" wheels Tire Rack had with Blizzaks. Car drives through snow like a tank, love passing 4x4's on the interstate. :D

Yea I hear ya lol the ralliart is awd to. But unfortunately we use all salt and that destroys the car lol

ZackUSAF82

Maryland over salts like crazy as well so I know that feeling...it sucks but it is what it is. I just make sure I wash and spray the undercarriage as often as I can when it's above freezing. My car has so many rock chips, knicks and dings now that I really just drive it. I still wash and wax often but I've gave up on having a pristine car, just won't happen around here with the idiots, shopping carts etc...

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Please don't start that conversation. [MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION] and I get it the worst. :(

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Please don't start that conversation. [MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION] and I get it the worst. :(

This past winter was the worst, ever on record in many parts of the state and the greatest snow fall total in Detroit Metro in 150 something years.

People think I'm crazy because I was still doing the speed limit most times, while they're doing 10-20 under. Bridgestone Blizzaks are THE BEST snow tire I've ever used...period.

A few hapless noobs in the past have assumed that all wheel drive provides enough traction in the winter with all season tires. They no longer have an STi. Word to the wise.

ZackUSAF82

A few hapless noobs in the past have assumed that all wheel drive provides enough traction in the winter with all season tires. They no longer have an STi. Word to the wise.

Amen to that, you could probably get away with all season's around here most winters but not this past one...no way. It's well worth it to just have a dedicated set for summer and a dedicated set for winter.

This past winter was the worst, ever on record in many parts of the state and the greatest snow fall total in Detroit Metro in 150 something years.

People think I'm crazy because I was still doing the speed limit most times, while they're doing 10-20 under. Bridgestone Blizzaks are THE BEST snow tire I've ever used...period.

Yea we had alot of snow this year as well. From December to march we had 155 inches in total. It was crazy lol

Piratemosh666

Winter setup. Strangely, it looks a lot like my Summer set up.

Oh, it's on Continental Extreme Contact DWS. I've always run "no-seasons" and never had a problem. I don't think I've ever run snow tires. On anything. Always is as dangerous a word as never, but I really have not had an issue, or gotten myself in to a situation I couldn't correct.

My wife's Malibu, on the other hand, is a different story. It needs a set of snow tires. The stock Goodyear Eagle LS2s = the suck. They are a three season tire at best.