Clifford alarm system

Trosz

So when putting my ?04 sti back together after heater core replace, I ran into the following issue.
My car came with this installed prior and worked great, not sure if it?s purpose though, it was piggy backed into factory alarm system, car has a kill switch installed as well,
So first off the kill switch wire broke, I fixed, went to start car and nothing at the key all systems powered up but car wouldn?t turn over. I ended up disconnecting the piggy back Clifford alarm system and the car started easily, all features of the alarm system still function properly, anyone have ideas on this issue, it?s resolved but don?t know why that piece caused problems and never before, and input is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I actually have no knowledge on alarm systems. The best person that comes to mind would be [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION].

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I actually have no knowledge on alarm systems. The best person that comes to mind would be @HolyCrapItsFast.

Idk why, but I figured you would know, [MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION]... How about [MENTION=692]Eagleye[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1868]Boogieman98[/MENTION]? Those two guys might have some experience with this sort of thing.

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Sorry I am not real helpful on this one. I've never had an alarm system or the need for one. When it comes to electrical stuff I am just happy to wire up gauges I buy within 6 months haha.

Do you have a model on the Clifford alarm? That piggyback alarm should come with an immobilizer bypass to allow for features like remote start, proximity unlock, key detection etc. When that immobilizer bypass isnt working the car will not start or attempt to even turn over. Do you have the clifford remotes? If not then I say remove the system and carry on like normal.

Trosz

No I don?t have the Clifford remotes the unit is in my console box, car has been fine since removal of unit and all functions work properly, but the car still uses oil wth lol thanks for the input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk