New To Subaru 2019 STi

Well, you always have the option of getting a short throw shifter with bushings. It made a big difference to me in my 04. Look at @Eagleye 's thread on his review for the shifter he got for his VA. However, if I recall correctly, he didn't install the bushings yet.

I put on a Kartboy short throw shifter a couple weeks ago. Will put in the bushings in this summer. Reading up on it, I believe the really great shifters sit on top of the transmission of RWD cars. The cables don't do as well. It's all good, I like a manual transmission.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Installed the IAG AOS this past weekend. It was a challenging (many steps, had to focus to determine what was intended) all day install. I had help (son) help to get started. The extra set of eyes and studying the pictures made a big difference. Finished everything the first day except reinstalling the TMIC. He was back over next morning. The drain hose blocks the bottom connection. Ended up using copious amounts of silicone spray to work it into place. Will need to take the TMIC off again to install the Turbo Blanket, will be straight forward the second time with the previous experience.

No change in performance but glad to have the air/oil fog filter back to the oil pan instead of in the intake.

Upper left corner of the engine bay

Bonus STi pic in the parking garage at work. I go in early so get the safest parking choices.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Man the first time I took off the intercooler must've taken 2 hours. By the end it was a 15 min job.

If you're going to do it more than once in a blue moon get yourself a new silicon coupler and a t-bolt clamp. The stock worm clamp will end up eating the coupler even if you're careful!

Man the first time I took off the intercooler must've taken 2 hours. By the end it was a 15 min job.

If you're going to do it more than once in a blue moon get yourself a new silicon coupler and a t-bolt clamp. The stock worm clamp will end up eating the coupler even if you're careful!

Good to know and good advice. I will check it out.

raisingAnarchy

I've heard mixed reviews about T-bolt clamps. There's a thread on iwsti discussing how they won't hold torque. I've tried using breeze style constant torque clamps and couldn't get them to stay seated on the turbo outlet hose, possibly due to the smooth inside of the hose. I've since switched back to worm gear style and have resigned myself to eventually needing to replace the hose (I will not be buying OEM because they're such a ripoff! Samco should be a fine replacement!)

I've done a number of IC removals lately on my car due to clamp issues and troubleshooting a rich condition. On reinstall, I found it easiest to set the elbow hose onto the turbo first, then slide the IC into place in one vertical motion, rather than having to angle it in place. Not sure if it'll work with the AOS in place, but I'm able to fit a long extension socket onto the y-pipe's hose clamp. So I'm able to reach back there and set the clamp and hose much more easily to the y-pipe once the IC is in place. Way easier for me than only getting two fingers into that tight space for the turbo side clamp.

I've heard mixed reviews about T-bolt clamps. There's a thread on iwsti discussing how they won't hold torque. I've tried using breeze style constant torque clamps and couldn't get them to stay seated on the turbo outlet hose, possibly due to the smooth inside of the hose. I've since switched back to worm gear style and have resigned myself to eventually needing to replace the hose (I will not be buying OEM because they're such a ripoff! Samco should be a fine replacement!)

I've done a number of IC removals lately on my car due to clamp issues and troubleshooting a rich condition. On reinstall, I found it easiest to set the elbow hose onto the turbo first, then slide the IC into place in one vertical motion, rather than having to angle it in place. Not sure if it'll work with the AOS in place, but I'm able to fit a long extension socket onto the y-pipe's hose clamp. So I'm able to reach back there and set the clamp and hose much more easily to the y-pipe once the IC is in place. Way easier for me than only getting two fingers into that tight space for the turbo side clamp.

Thank you for your insight. I will try the approach you recommended next time I have the time off.

Planning to attend SCCA Solo introduction Sunday, no driving. Supercross was cancelled for Saturday so not sure if the Solo event will be postponed as well. Hoping to participate in an AutoX event in April.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Planning to attend SCCA Solo introduction Sunday, no driving. Supercross was cancelled for Saturday so not sure if the Solo event will be postponed as well. Hoping to participate in an AutoX event in April.

Even classroom instruction is great!

To bad about cancellation, but AutoX is such a great way to learn!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Tell us the difference in sound with the new exhaust!

Tell us the difference in sound with the new exhaust!

I can hear the car while driving, which I like. You really notice it on cold start in the garage, so sweet. My decision for Corsa was that I don't like an exhaust drone. Corsa specifically addresses that and it works. Plus the tone is deep enough and wakes up when you give it the beans.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I can hear the car while driving, which I like. You really notice it on cold start in the garage, so sweet. My decision for Corsa was that I don't like an exhaust drone. Corsa specifically addresses that and it works. Plus the tone is deep enough and wakes up when you give it the beans.

That's exactly how I want an exhaust to be. Don't hear it until you really want to hear it--and then have it sound awesome!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
How would you rate the exhaust out of 10?
Was it well worth the price (whatever you may have paid)?

I like it. Doesn't make it faster, handle better, or ride smoother but I like it so it was worth the cost for me.