YOLO Bishes!

STimedic

After a protracted absence on here (about 7.5 yrs), I'm happy to announce my return.

Subaru's I've owned:

02 WRX w/ a personally performed 05 STi swap, 400awhp/361wtq

11 FXT Touring, bone stock

98 OB Limited Wagon (Swampy)

16 OB Limited, fully loaded (River)

And picking up my low-mileage, too-many-mods-to-list 10 STi Special Edition on Friday.

Things I don't/won't tolerate: bro crap, stance nation, vaping, flat bill hats, tooners.

Things I enjoy: spreading actual and factual knowledge, tasteful mods, function over form, your mom, a good beer, being a Subaru OG.

I was here in the infancy of this forum, before the fucboi stance nation BS. I did my STi swap before there was a how-to, in Germany, with a basic set of hand tools and a few dollars to spend. You want raw knowledge, I'm here for you. You want to know the cheapest way of destroying your car, keeping moving.

Let's see how my return goes.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
After a protracted absence on here (about 7.5 yrs), I'm happy to announce my return.

Subaru's I've owned:

02 WRX w/ a personally performed 05 STi swap, 400awhp/361wtq

11 FXT Touring, bone stock

98 OB Limited Wagon (Swampy)

16 OB Limited, fully loaded (River)

And picking up my low-mileage, too-many-mods-to-list 10 STi Special Edition on Friday.

Things I don't/won't tolerate: bro crap, stance nation, vaping, flat bill hats, tooners.

Things I enjoy: spreading actual and factual knowledge, tasteful mods, function over form, your mom, a good beer, being a Subaru OG.

I was here in the infancy of this forum, before the fucboi stance nation BS. I did my STi swap before there was a how-to, in Germany, with a basic set of hand tools and a few dollars to spend. You want raw knowledge, I'm here for you. You want to know the cheapest way of destroying your car, keeping moving.

Let's see how my return goes.

Welcome back!

I haven't even had a subaru for a few years and I stick around because it's full of good people, facts, and inquisitive minds. Your mom, on the other hand...i can send you a link ;)

So tell us more about the '10 STi?!

Also, if there isn't a How-to...post one up! I get it, there is one now, but just saying...

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome back to IGOTASTI!!! You're going to absolutely love it here, again! Post some pictures of your previous rides!!!

I recall your username! You must've stopped posting right around the time I joined here. Wow, 7.5 years.... Already gone by?! We're getting old! :rambo:

2010 STi SE's are something I rarely see.. The only thing I know is that they had a special set of wheels dedicated to that edition. Tell us more about what other differences the 2010 SE had! (I could look it up, but I'd like you to tell us instead! :D )

Looks like you actually have some old pictures uploaded!

https://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/album.php?albumid=41

It appears that you've been living a great car enthusiast life. What have you experienced in the past 7.5 years? How was the Nurburgring?! Where do you reside now?

STimedic

The Nurburgring was almost 11 years ago while I was stationed in Germany. In my absence, I've also owned a 2003 Land Rover Discovery that became a bit of a money pit. Miss it, don't miss filling it up. Been rocking a low-mileage R53 Mini Cooper S (aka go-kart) for the better part of 2 years now and racked up a third of the mileage it's had in almost 15 years.

As for the STi wagon, it's Fujiwara's (banned guy on here) former ride. It's got a stock interior, I'm looking to add a Dasaita 9" android headunit and installing the World Class Lathe Works copolymer shift knob I've had for over 11 years. (It's on the short shifter in my R53 currently). Exterior is stock as well, he gave me a brand new 2011+ front bumper and sport grill that needs paint and it's got almost a decade of dings, dents and rock chips that will get repainted in the near future, along with a lip, Verus diffuser and maybe a CF factory wing. Not a fan of flashy crap.

I bought it for the engine though, since it isn't factory. V7 short block with massaged 20X heads, Kelford 220B cams, custom thermal coatings here and there inside-n-out, Orbit pump, twin-scroll 25G, ID1700s, Exedy twin-plate clutch with less than 10k miles on it, kartboy shifter, bushings, , Grp N mounts, etc. Timing equipment was modified to work with the factory DBW ECU and such. I have a plan to do an atmospheric dump downpipe, has a Tomioka DP for now. Invidia Q300 will replace the ERZ/CNT Ebay special at some point. Tuned for a conservative 300whp, capable of 8k RPM and close to 500 once I get to that point.

All suspension bushings have been replaced with poly, just needs a good set of coils, considering Ohlins or Fortune 510s for a compliant, yet sporty ride. Looking at PF01s to replace the factory SE wheels with Pilot Sport 4S tires and get the original ones with light curbing repaired to like-new shape.

In short, the chassis itself has 33k miles on it, just needs some TLC and will be perfect for me.

STimedic

Funny part is: I never really liked the styling of the GR, but I was missing the flat 4 life since tearing down, rebuilding and selling my 02 chassis. I was going to make an 818C kit car with the choice parts I kept, but decided not to. Now I've got a bunch of spare GD parts I need to sell from my 05 swap and then some.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
That's sick that you're buying Ed's old car! I remember him because I bought an AEM wideband in 2012 from him that I still have in my car. Please get us some pictures when you can! :tup:

STimedic

I'm flying up to Detroit on Friday to get it from him. He's literally one of three people I'd ever consider buying a used Subaru from, so when he posted it for sale a few weeks ago, I jumped on it. Now I get to drive it from Detroit to my place in San Antonio, get it registered, then drive to where I'm currently stationed at in Louisiana. All in one 4-day weekend...

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I'm flying up to Detroit on Friday to get it from him. He's literally one of three people I'd ever consider buying a used Subaru from, so when he posted it for sale a few weeks ago, I jumped on it. Now I get to drive it from Detroit to my place in San Antonio, get it registered, then drive to where I'm currently stationed at in Louisiana. All in one 4-day weekend...

Wow you've been on an adventure.

Fuji was legit... And the R53, I miss mine. 02 with a buncha mods. Probably the most practical one though was the euro parcel shelf. Could finally store "stuff"...as long as you weren't about to go balls out on the twisties.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member

Small world. I'm in the Detroit area as well and my sister lives in San Antonio. Still at Polk though, aye? Sorry to hear :lol:

STimedic

I've only got 5 months left at Polk, then back to San Antonio for another 2 yrs, who knows where after that.

STimedic

Well, been absent for a bit. Gino committed suicide back in Oct.

That being said, I guess this forum isn't long for the world. Glad I didn't buy into the lifetime membership.