02 Frankensubie Monstrosity

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=4986]SudoSTI[/MENTION] I sent you the payment. Your inbox is full. :lol:
[MENTION=3594]evans609[/MENTION] for quick latches! :tup:

SudoSTI

Yeah I've been looking at the Quik-Latch ones but $24 for one latch when I need four is pretty brutal. Not that I want to cheap out because I am one to pay more to buy something once but $100 to keep my bumper attached will take some self convincing haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
It'll save you a lot of time! :tard:

Yeah I've been looking at the Quik-Latch ones but $24 for one latch when I need four is pretty brutal. Not that I want to cheap out because I am one to pay more to buy something once but $100 to keep my bumper attached will take some self convincing haha.

$100 is cheaper than fixing and/or replacing a front bumper

SudoSTI

Read my ABS codes and they were:

22 - Front Right ABS Sensor
24 - Front Left ABS Sensor
56 - Abnormal G Sensor Output Voltage

I reset the codes, started the car, and they didn't turn back on. But I just idled in my driveway for a few minutes. They may pop back on when I take it for a spin again. I'll be checking that shortly as well as investigating the VSS module.

SudoSTI

Performed some datalogs for [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] last night and as expected the ABS light popped back on. I checked the codes this morning and I only had 22 and 24 this time, so just the two front ABS sensors. My VSS module is tapped into the passenger side front sensor so now I have to figure out if the sensor issue is preventing the VSS module from operating, or if the VSS module malfunctioned and caused the sensor issue. Yay wiring. :bang:

SudoSTI

I'm going to verify all my connections one last time but it appears the real issue is the VSSPro. There have been numerous accounts of the unit messing with and in some cases completely disabling the ABS system. Probably going to have to bite the bullet, scrape up $190 from somewhere, and order the MAPDCCD VSS unit. -_-

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
You're halfway there then! ;)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=1]IGOTASTi[/MENTION] would appreciate that! :D

Anyone have quick latch suggestions? The side clips for my front bumper aren't working for shit and I would rather it not pop off and me drive over it on the highway.

I've seen quite a few latches but none have made me want to convert due to most aren't tasteful.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

SudoSTI

Yeah that video is of Quik-Latch ones. I really like that style. Lol I used to use those Dunlop strap locks on a lot of the basses I had when I used to play. I would rather just get the Quik-Latch ones instead of ghetto rig the Dunlops.

Yeah that video is of Quik-Latch ones. I really like that style. Lol I used to use those Dunlop strap locks on a lot of the basses I had when I used to play. I would rather just get the Quik-Latch ones instead of ghetto rig the Dunlops.
Yep the quick latch is one of the cleaner looking ones. I've seen a Porsche that actually had locking ones that used plunger locks like this pic. It looked very clean and has the bennefit of being secure.
2cead4a68f0021191557669e6d02faac.jpg

Ok my last post about the bumper locks but you can see I'm in the market for some as well LOL.

SudoSTI

Whelp, just ordered a MapDCCD VSS module. Should be here in a couple weeks and all codes should be gone and car should be back to 100%. Well once tuning is finished.

Plunger locks is actually a really cool idea!
It's actually the ideal I'm leaning towards once I saw it done to the Porsche. I just like the security if being able to park it somewhere and not having to worry about anyone messing with anything. Not to mention it can look clean as well.

tedscossie

Whelp, just ordered a MapDCCD VSS module. Should be here in a couple weeks and all codes should be gone and car should be back to 100%. Well once tuning is finished.

Hi there man,
i am using the MapDccd 2 1/5 eyars now on my Forester and i am very very satisfied!!
It does what it says and works great!Its fast and reliable. We have used it in many cars here in Greece and everyone is very satisfied!
It is the only one that also you can adjust through the pc the values of the locking!

Great buy man and nice journal!

Ted