02 Frankensubie Monstrosity

Apparently Photobucket is charging $399 now for third party image hosting. Fuck that. I'll have to take some time transitioning stuff over to Google Photos. I might use this as an opportunity to redo my build thread and clean things up.

Also thought I would mention I think my mind has changed back hahaha. This turd is just shy of being paid off (should be in a couple months) and I've come up with quite the game plan for it. I think I was mostly dreading having to do exterior stuff to make it look good again but I'm just going to get fresh OEM front end bits and keep it looking like it is but new and repainted. The rest we'll see if it comes to fruition or if I change my mind again haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Excellent news now I need to finish my build up so we can make some noise together lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

SudoSTI

ETS just announced a soon to be released twin scroll kit for the 15+, followed by 08-14, then 02-07. Gives me bad thoughts...

SudoSTI

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
ETS just announced a soon to be released twin scroll kit for the 15+, followed by 08-14, then 02-07. Gives me bad thoughts...

Stop thinking! Or this will never get done!!!

LOL

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
totally forgot i was supposed to make you one... i will get started right away... i will do yours the same time i do @Boogieman98 's. He is up to number three after this one because he has been my guinea pig. i was able to work out all the bugs with [MENTION=5560]Taranto217[/MENTION] 's visit last month and made some pretty impressive improvements regarding fail safe strategies as well as improve the electronics. Really I can't thank these two enough.

Your the last freebie though! :tup:

SudoSTI

totally forgot i was supposed to make you one... i will get started right away... i will do yours the same time i do @Boogieman98 's. He is up to number three after this one because he has been my guinea pig. i was able to work out all the bugs with [MENTION=5560]Taranto217[/MENTION] 's visit last month and made some pretty impressive improvements regarding fail safe strategies as well as improve the electronics. Really I can't thank these two enough.

Your the last freebie though! :tup:

I almost cracked my screen protector and screen pushing the like and thank buttons so hard! Thank you George!!!

It has been great being the Guinea Pig. Not bad issues with any of the units. Just small things

SudoSTI

It has been great being the Guinea Pig. Not bad issues with any of the units. Just small things

Typical R&D for a new product. I'm excited to give it a shot! Curious if there will be any different bugs I come across using the Carberry rom vs COBB.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I'm thinking no. So far the bugs have been with the unit itself. The concept between CarBerry and Cobb are the same so I don't really see an issue there. In fact, now that I think about it, My unit might be a better match for CarBerry than Cobb because of the fail safes. Cobb builds allot of these fail safes into the tune where as CarBerry does not. With Cobb you can have a dumber unit but with CarBerry you open yourself up for risk. I have to look into the CraBerry rom more to see if I'm missing something. With my unit you have a better buffer between the outside conditions and the internal logic.

Typical R&D for a new product. I'm excited to give it a shot! Curious if there will be any different bugs I come across using the Carberry rom vs COBB.

SudoSTI

I'm thinking no. So far the bugs have been with the unit itself. The concept between CarBerry and Cobb are the same so I don't really see an issue there. In fact, now that I think about it, My unit might be a better match for CarBerry than Cobb because of the fail safes. Cobb builds allot of these fail safes into the tune where as CarBerry does not. With Cobb you can have a dumber unit but with CarBerry you open yourself up for risk. I have to look into the CraBerry rom more to see if I'm missing something. With my unit you have a better buffer between the outside conditions and the internal logic.

Looking forward to trying it out! Are there any additional bits I will need to acquire or will it include everything?

SudoSTI

Hit a screw and can't patch the tire because they're too worn. Since I'm getting new tires and can't use the BBSs since one is bent I'm taking the opportunity to install the Volk RE30s I have been holding onto. Pics to come!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Should look great! Can't wait!

SudoSTI

Tires were way meatier than I anticipated. I am in process of raising my coils and will be rolling/pulling my fenders mid next week. I'm also taking the opportunity to trim my front bumper some more so it actually fits over my FMIC and stops pulling away from where it connects to the fenders. This one is trash and needs replaced anyway so I'm going crazy with it to expose the entire massive core.

Tires were way meatier than I anticipated. I am in process of raising my coils and will be rolling/pulling my fenders mid next week. I'm also taking the opportunity to trim my front bumper some more so it actually fits over my FMIC and stops pulling away from where it connects to the fenders. This one is trash and needs replaced anyway so I'm going crazy with it to expose the entire massive core.

If my work schedule aligns with yours I can give you a hand even though I've never rolled fenders lol.

SudoSTI

Neither have I, that's why one of the OG TCSC members that doesn't own a Subaru anymore is helping me haha

SudoSTI

Height adjusted. Just took it on a spin around the neighborhood and no rubbing aside from a slight amount from coming into the driveway too quickly. I think it looks pretty good. Still plan on rolling/pulling the fenders next week.

Even better news; I noticed on the rear driver's side that the ABS sensor was just zip tied to the rear trailing arm and lateral link for some odd reason. I bolted it back in while I was down there... AND NOW MY ABS LIGHT IS GONE!! I officially have no more dash lights on in my car! First time since I've owned it!

https://goo.gl/photos/H8meax3sftEZ3uZ16

Edit: Still figuring out how to use google images.

Height adjusted. Just took it on a spin around the neighborhood and no rubbing aside from a slight amount from coming into the driveway too quickly. I think it looks pretty good. Still plan on rolling/pulling the fenders next week.

Even better news; I noticed on the rear driver's side that the ABS sensor was just zip tied to the rear trailing arm and lateral link for some odd reason. I bolted it back in while I was down there... AND NOW MY ABS LIGHT IS GONE!! I officially have no more dash lights on in my car! First time since I've owned it!

https://goo.gl/photos/H8meax3sftEZ3uZ16

Edit: Still figuring out how to use google images.

Nice I'm glad you got some help from an OG. I've put my two cents in about the revamp of the local club and let's see if it does any good lol.

SudoSTI

Got busy and haven?t rolled/pulled fenders. Even better news though. Went to fill up today and the pump was down. I called the station and come to find out they ran out of E85 and due to some construction right next to the pump they won?t be refilling it until construction is complete. Estimated time for refill was somewhere between one and six months. I really need to nut up and do flexfuel.