05 STI BUILD

SudoSTI

You'll need one for your FPR as well. As long as they're good rubber caps and you zip tie or clamp them you should be ok. Just check them periodically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just had a crazy thought....

72d34276ac49b0346aa62dc8576ac30d.jpg

You could use this larger hole for a intake temp sensor if you tapped it. This would allow for a speed density tune if you were thinking about going that route.

Just had a crazy thought....

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161118/72d34276ac49b0346aa62dc8576ac30d.jpg

You could use this larger hole for a intake temp sensor if you tapped it. This would allow for a speed density tune if you were thinking about going that route.

Great minds think alike it's exactly my master plan lol. Its already been done before and looked like an optimal area for it. I've considered doing a vacuum block on the underside as well and just shaving and welding all the stock vacuum ports.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Great minds think alike it's exactly my master plan lol. Its already been done before and looked like an optimal area for it. I've considered doing a vacuum block on the underside as well and just shaving and welding all the stock vacuum ports.

Before you do that I would test for it on the mirror in the car to see how it works.

Additionally, I am trying to think what you need for the intake and I am coming up with 5 ports. There's the two on front of intake connected to the EVAP purge solenoid, one for FPR, one for break booster, and one for the BPV. Are you trying to do a wire tuck as well? What fuel rails are you gonna run and what size turbo inlet as well 2.5" or 3"? The reason i ask about the turbo inlet is clearance under the intake might be tight.

Before you do that I would test for it on the mirror in the car to see how it works.

Additionally, I am trying to think what you need for the intake and I am coming up with 5 ports. There's the two on front of intake connected to the EVAP purge solenoid, one for FPR, one for break booster, and one for the BPV. Are you trying to do a wire tuck as well? What fuel rails are you gonna run and what size turbo inlet as well 2.5" or 3"? The reason i ask about the turbo inlet is clearance under the intake might be tight.

I'm running a 2.5 inch Perrin inlet so clearance should be good with stock wrx top feed rails sitting on top of moore fuel rail spacers since I won't be ever going above the 400 whp mark.

What do you mean by checking with a mirror are you talking about under manifold to block clearance of the IAT sensor? I'm pretty sure their should be plenty.

59092d57d7a4f192271392fe57ce4947.jpg

Well I just spent another $30 on eBay and purchased these tungsten carbide burrs so I guess I'll definitely be porting my throttle body and turbo so I can make my investment in tools worth it.

I'm also looking in to cerakote ceramic coatings that you can coat your items by just spraying it on and letting it air cure. They have two different styles one is air cure and the other is oven cure.

I might just color match my valve covers, intake manifold, water coolant manifold (the cross tube under the intake manifold), turbo, up pipe and header all the same color.

Well here's another couple hours of shaving on the intake manifold and I think I have a vacuum leak now.

So let's vote should I keep the 4 remaining tabs on the intake manifold for convenient areas to mount brackets and other items or should I just shave every thing?

7c533f39c535b7a94913e23a02eefb13.jpg

3360c91885c30e8c6d65b8cf34dcadaf.jpg

Well here's another couple hours of shaving on the intake manifold and I think I have a vacuum leak now.

So let's vote should I keep the 4 remaining tabs on the intake manifold for convenient areas to mount brackets and other items or should I just shave every thing?

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161201/7c533f39c535b7a94913e23a02eefb13.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161201/3360c91885c30e8c6d65b8cf34dcadaf.jpg

What would you mount to them?

What would you mount to them?

I'm not sure but you never know when you'll need a spot to mount something.

I'm figuring wiring harness, vacuum lines, fuel lines or other goodies if I ever go flex fuel.

I'm not sure but you never know when you'll need a spot to mount something.

I'm figuring wiring harness, vacuum lines, fuel lines or other goodies if I ever go flex fuel.

Do your self a favor and test mount it before you go further. You will find out what you need/don't need.

Do your self a favor and test mount it before you go further. You will find out what you need/don't need.

I would if I could but it would be pointless now since motor isn't in car and I wouldn't see any clearance issues.

I'm pretty sure I'm just keeping those 4 tabs on it since they are the only mounting points left on the manifold and actually are pretty nice threaded mounting points. I'm not all about looks and am more about functionality so I'm willing to give up a bit of aesthetics for it.

I would if I could but it would be pointless now since motor isn't in car and I wouldn't see any clearance issues.

I'm pretty sure I'm just keeping those 4 tabs on it since they are the only mounting points left on the manifold and actually are pretty nice threaded mounting points. I'm not all about looks and am more about functionality so I'm willing to give up a bit of aesthetics for it.

For me the more stock it looks the better...lol

SudoSTI

I personally would shave them all. The only things I have mounted to mine are FPR and catch cans, both of which I plan on relocating eventually anyway. But unlike Raven I would rather have all clutter removed than look stock. I guess I'm a ways beyond that with my setup anyway haha.

I picked up my 19mm phenolic spacers finally even though I think KStech lost tract of my order after black Friday.

fe028a823a21e4b98c64c6149c059bea.jpg

SudoSTI

Really? I got a call personally from the owner telling me they were out of stock about ten minutes after I ordered online and wanted to make sure an extra week delivery was going to be ok because a lot of his customers are racers and it was during race season. KS Tech is fucking awesome.

Really? I got a call personally from the owner telling me they were out of stock about ten minutes after I ordered online and wanted to make sure an extra week delivery was going to be ok because a lot of his customers are racers and it was during race season. KS Tech is fucking awesome.

Dam you don't see customer support like that these days anymore.

I know I thought it was quite strange that I hadn't received my package or had any tracking info on it since the first set of 3mm spacers (up for sale) I ordered came quickly and I had tracking info the next day. I gave them about 10 days before I emailed them and I received tracking info 2 business days after that. I kind of thought it was odd that they didn't even respond to my original message and just sent the tracking info to me. KStech is still my preferred company for phenolic spacers though.

Ok so hopefully my life has settled down enough since holidays are over with and I'll finish up my intake manifold so I can get busy with the assembly of my engine. I plan on finishing up the shaving and start the internal port matching and removal of extra casting edges inside the intake manifold. I'm still trying to figure out how to safely remove the EGR tube that looks to be pressed in to the bottom of the intake manifold plenum as well. Here's a few pics of how the phenolic spacers lime uo with the intake manifold runners.

6507ae4e63b84330379a8651e69e21d9.jpg

Pretty much I'll be port matching the phenolic spacer to the intake manifold and am now regretting not port matching the heads since I now have the tools to do so. I've even considered plugging the heads runners with paper towels. Then cutting a piece of plastic and fitting it on top of the paper towels and running a bead of sealant or or Vaseline around the edge so I can port match the heads to the phenolic spacers but it sounds like its too much of a gamble. With my luck I'd have a piece of metal shavings go down the intake path of the head in to my fresh built motor.

[MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] [MENTION=2334]Defined Performance[/MENTION] since your going to be the one tuning my car I have a few questions for you.

1 where would you like the IAT sensor mounted? In the intake manifold or in the IC piping before the throttle body.

2 I have the option of getting a invidia catless DP for $150 and was wondering if you think I should go with this dp or stick with my mad dad v2 catted dp for my internal gated fp green?

PS others are welcome to chime in as well especially on the to go catless or not to go catless subject.