Looking for an 04 - 05 STI

FilthyMonkey187

Hi all,
Thank you for welcoming me to the site a bit ago. Unfortunately i currently do not have a Subaru of any sort, hence the title of the thread. I am currently looking for an 04-05 WRX/STI. Not looking to purchase until sometime in June or July.

Some of the parameters i am looking for:
-Looking to spend around $15k - $17k
-Hopefully lower mileage (>90k, no more than 115k)
-Little to no mods
-Does not need work done in order for it to function properly
-Newer tires if possible
-Color does not matter

I am located in Michigan, friends with Batmobile_Engage (he referred me to this forum) willing to make a 6 hour drive if need be.

Anyway, i know it may be a long shot, but please put the word out. I have looked on AT, CL and other car sale websites. Found a few hits, but mostly high mileage, over priced race cars.

My reason, for little to no mods:
#1 . Takes the fun out of doing it myself.
#2 . Don't want to take over someone's project car they didn't finish.
#3 . Don't know where he/she left off and what all was done.

if you are reading this, thanks ahead of time and let me know what you guys/gals have!!!

-AJ

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We will keep our eyes and ears open for you. ?

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
best of luck on the search!. when i was looking for an STi (im in NY) it was very difficult to find one within those parameters. especially the mileage and price. not sure how it is out in Michigan. i think i found every STi for sale within a 5 hour radius of me and only one met what you are looking for. not trying to scare you away from it just maybe open up the parameters a little. i bought an 07 with 100k, intake and TBE tuned for 17K. again best of luck hopefully Michigan is easier!

FilthyMonkey187

best of luck on the search!. when i was looking for an STi (im in NY) it was very difficult to find one within those parameters. especially the mileage and price. not sure how it is out in Michigan. i think i found every STi for sale within a 5 hour radius of me and only one met what you are looking for. not trying to scare you away from it just maybe open up the parameters a little. i bought an 07 with 100k, intake and TBE tuned for 17K. again best of luck hopefully Michigan is easier!

i have found 1 in illinois that met the parameters, it is just unfortunate that i am not able to buy until june, so i am afraid it might be sold by then. i contacted the guy and he seemed like he needed to sell soon in order to get another vehicle.

i appreciate the help with the search!!

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
when i was looking it was because i crashed my WRX so i needed a car ASAP. luckily the one i found/bought was only 10mins from my house and he was a friend of a friend. very well maintained everything done at Subaru dealer or local tuner to me who i am good friends with (phattbotti tuning) so i was happy to pay the 17k even though it had 100k on it.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I wonder..... Maybe [MENTION=4535]HeubergerMotors[/MENTION] could keep an eye out, and if they find one that meets your parameters, they could maybe set up some way to ship it up north for you. It's probably a long shot, but the worst they can say is, no.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
are you looking for a WRX or STi? or just an STi? u may be able to find a decent WRX in those parameters unless you are like me and want an STi.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to the hunt. Ive been looking at 04-07 since september for my friend. Ive seen only a handful that meet the criteria, since ours are similar. Unfortunately the good deals go by in a heartbeat. One was posted saturday with relatively low mileage for the year and was gone the next day. Unfortunately my friend cant buy one until summer either. I personally would rather buy it from a private seller. Most of the time dealers just wanna sell a car so they dont care about them or their paid. A true enthusist will tell you the truth and you can weed out the lying ones as well. Best of luck but remember that you have competition! Im looking at cars throughout the entire country. :lol:

Make sure to check out the sticky i made on what to look for when getting a car. (If you already know, then take it as a refresher.) :tup:

FilthyMonkey187

Thanks! Yeah, like you said, found a few, but nothing solid as of yet. Found a perfect one, but the guy can't hang onto it till June unfortunately.

Good luck to ya!! Enjoy the hunt! I'll be checking out that sticky you posted!

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
hopefully something comes up closer to when you are ready to buy.. worst thing to do is look before you can buy i know that first hand. one thing that i have always believed in all aspects of my life. "if it was meant to be it will happen"

RevRico

Yea, I've been hunting around for the same. The few low mileage unmodified 04's I've found have been priced almost as high as a brand new one, so I'm thinking I'm going to bite the bullet and just buy a new one. Shame, because I love those old bodies. But like you, I don't want to buy someone elses project.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=5205]RevRico[/MENTION] the new ones are nice too!