HolyCrapItsFast... Cyberu belongs to someone else now.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Niiiiiiiiice!!! What sort of numbers do you think it'll be making?

Probably the same numbers. I'm not looking for much more than what I have now which is 368hp in VirtualDyno. I'm looking for the flex fuel capability and the fail safe monitors. I also want to experiment with making a monitor display much like my multi-gauge but for the AEM.

Did AEM finally release FlexFuel for the Subaru? They've had it for the Evos for years but I hadn't seen it available since I last looked a year or two ago. Does it have extra inputs to allow adding of AVCS to a non-AVCS car? I was looking at getting a ViPEC/Link G4+ eventually so I could drop in an 08+ STI long block and be able to utilize the DAVCS without having to swap the entire wiring harness in my car. And for FlexFuel. :)

To the best of my knowledge the AEM Series 2 had FlexFuel only with in the last year and that was across the board, so technically they had it for Subaru for a year now. I was actually one of the first to implement it in my S14 just a week after they released the firmware. I believe they had FlexFuel in the Infinity EMS from the beginning and I think that was available for the EVO X with the P&P Harness. I wish they would create a P&P harness for Subaru because I want to try the Infinity EMS.

Any way they only make the series 2 specifically for the STi 2005 to 2006. You could do what I did and that was to purchase the patch harness and switch around the necessary wires. For my car the only difference is the fuel pump and speed sensor wires need to be swapped. For the 08 and above the exhaust cams are not compatible with the AVCS implementation in the AEM. AEM only considers the intake cam. Not sure about the wiring for other years either

SudoSTI

You're right, it has only been a year. Shows you how good my sense of time is. :lol: I'd probably just go with the Link still because they have a P&P option that actually replaces the board in the stock ECU case itself. It physically looks like you have the stock ECU. I'm sure my BS 16-bit system would require a lot more than swapping a couple wires unfortunately. I'm interested to see what you do with the AEM!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I like the link ECU's I have yet to test one out though. Not at all familiar.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I'm converting to E85 this evening. I have just a few more drops of gasoline to burn through.

E85 is like a gateway drug for me. Once I taste the power I'm just going to want more.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Let us know what you're doing.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
You should probably not do that in your STi. :rofl:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I have to tune this out quite a bit. Everything is 10% lean right now. Just made a rough correction to injector scale. That should get me close enough to do some fine adjustments. Between the initial map and this adjustment, I have made a total correction of 36% over gasoline. I'm wondering if this is the Summer blend already.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Summer blend is already in the pumps.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Here in Texas i never seen it change

It can get ridiculous up north. I know a few people in this area that run E85 and they often have 2-4 different tunes and carry an Ethanol Content Test Device in their vehicle. The best way to avoid having to deal with all that crap and still run E85 all the time is by getting a Haltech ECU with the Flex Fuel Sensor setup. Although that can be quite pricey.

I would actually like to do something with the Flex Fuel Sensor. So I could change fuel on the fly without having to run it empty.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I don't know for sure, but I think Joe may have a hook up on Haltech ECUs. [MENTION=3416]WRB_STi[/MENTION]

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
It can get ridiculous up north. I know a few people in this area that run E85 and they often have 2-4 different tunes and carry an Ethanol Content Test Device in their vehicle. The best way to avoid having to deal with all that crap and still run E85 all the time is by getting a Haltech ECU with the Flex Fuel Sensor setup. Although that can be quite pricey.

My choice is AEM. I am all ready to go. All I have to do is install it. I'm just REALLY lazy though. I have to tune it from scratch and I just want to drive my car for now.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
HolyCrapItsFast... Back in the Suby again!

I can get a deal on haltech. However, they do not make a plug and play kit for newer than 05. http://www.haltech.com/product/platinum-pro-plug-in-series/subaru-wrx/

Your best bet would to call them and see what you need and then I can place the order.

:tup:

Looks like 01-05 is referring to JDM years, so it could be good '02-06 USDM then, right? I don't recall tracking any real differences between '05 and '06, '07+ is the change.