New member in PGH, first scooby (06 STi)

Hulakatt

Hi!

Been looking around for an older STi for a few months and finally picked one up last week. It has been pretty modded so I'll slowly be poking around through it trying to figure out what I have in my garage :D. I do know that A). It's quite a bit faster than my old Sti or anything else I've driven in a long time B). It sounds like thunder according to my daughter C). it's running pretty rich right now and D). It's parked on the street right now as I bottomed out getting in and out of my driveway the first night home.

Other than that, this is my daily driver/family car/only car

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome [MENTION=5878]Hulakatt[/MENTION].

↪Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!↩

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!! You're going to absolutely love it here!! Post some pictures of the ride!!

Welcome. You should start a members journal and post pictures of anything you do or figure out with the car. If you need any help feel free to ask.

Hulakatt

Thanks guys! Very nice welcome so far, maybe I'll try to shoot some pics this weekend. I'm starting to order some small stuff and just got in replacement floormats today. yes, the Dealership I bought it from took out the mats and sold them separately I guess? Anyway, no mats came with it.

Hulakatt

Clean and loud as balls! Gotta switch on a more reasonable exhaust at some point, there's some no name can on there now and, while I love the rumble, it has a few nasty resonance peaks and gets stupid loud. The previous owner threw a bunch of parts on and didn't tune it so I already got an access port and remapped it, much nicer now :D. Still need a wideband AF gauge and a boost gauge.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Who tuned it?

?Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!?

Hulakatt

I just used one of the OTS base maps for now, reflashed it myself. Flashbacks from my days working in IT. The only tuning shop I knew locally is gone now, gotta find a new one :(

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What shop was that?

Hulakatt

Redline. Used to be up in Warrendale, PA. Looked them up recently and most of the hits were about the owner skipping town with loads of money customers gave him to finish builds (that he never touched) and a few cars (I believe).

Edit: The OTS map is still running a bit rich (by my nose ;)) but it's far better than it was running. Also, it looks like the previous owner had a wideband AF sensor installed and ripped it out to sell separately and left the bung open in the downpipe so I'm getting some exhaust fumes as well.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well we do etunes here for lifetime members. ?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
That's not all you get with Platinum Membership!!! :tup:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
That's not all you get with Platinum Membership!!! :tup:
Yep, but wait there's more! ?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Probably still be worth it even if that was all. I saw the hoodie, anything else too?
Well what size hoodie you wear? Most do our new tee and lanyard. ?