The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
OP can change the transmission if he wants. He is just being lazy and wants an easy replacement :p

Well, yeah...

I work 40 hours a week, go to school 3 nights a week, have our first child due in May, spend a couple dozen days in the woods hunting every year.....of course I want an easy fix.

I ain't got the time for fuckery. :lol:

Well, yeah...

I work 40 hours a week, go to school 3 nights a week, have our first child due in May, spend a couple dozen days in the woods hunting every year.....of course I want an easy fix.

I ain't got the time for fuckery. :lol:

There a joke about is a joke about a Child being on they way and fuckery in there somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
New kiddo?

Man it's was nice knowing you :lol:

Don't forget about us

Congrats BTW

:lol: Thanks! Yes, our first is due May 21st. I hope he shows up a day early on our 1st wedding anniversary, and then I won't have to remember as many important dates. :rofl:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
So I have ~$6,000 saved up for the built engine and transmission work. This weekend, we had some heavy rain and started getting a soft spot in the ceiling. I crawled into the attic and couldn't tell exactly where it was coming from because it kind of seemed like it was coming from EVERYWHERE. Just got a quote from a roofer today. He says, damn near the entire roof is soft and spongy, which it is kind of was last time I was up there. Recommends a full roof replacement, or we'll have trouble selling the house in the future.

His replacement quote....$6,000.00

FML :banghead:

So I think I'm going to take some time off of work if it indeed rains hard today, go crawl in our ridiculously cramped attic (seriously, ceiling to roof headspace is like 1-3 FEET at best) with a flashlight, a huge can of FlexSeal and my rapidly disappearing race car dreams and wait for the leaks. :bang:

Last edited:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
ALWAYS SOMETHING!!!! ALWAYSSSSSSSS!!!

:banghead:

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yeah.... I would do FlexSeal before letting me car dreams fall short. I mean who needs a damn roof over their head anyway. :tup:

Have you considered doing it yourself? I mean how hard could it be after all. :tard:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
:lol: I have a newborn coming in a week or so. The last thing I need is to be replacing my own roof, despite never doing roofing before in my life.

There's a chance I could fix a few spots, but we've had two roofers at the house already today and they both said it's soft and soggy all over and the last install was a soup sandwich.

If we patch it and then sell the house in a couple years, the new owners will want 5-10k taken off the price anyway. Shit idk man. :unsure:

:lol: I have a newborn coming in a week or so. The last thing I need is to be replacing my own roof, despite never doing roofing before in my life.

There's a chance I could fix a few spots, but we've had two roofers at the house already today and they both said it's soft and soggy all over and the last install was a soup sandwich.

If we patch it and then sell the house in a couple years, the new owners will want 5-10k taken off the price anyway. Shit idk man. :unsure:

Patch now replace in a few years when you sell it, if you sell it. That way you can say brand new roof. Post a picture of the roof as well if you can. I just had to patch my cement tile roof a year or so ago and it was not hat bad to patch up. Just time consuming.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Patch now replace in a few years when you sell it, if you sell it. That way you can say brand new roof. Post a picture of the roof as well if you can. I just had to patch my cement tile roof a year or so ago and it was not hat bad to patch up. Just time consuming.

We (me and the roofer that came over later) ended up patching and sealing over a dozen suspect spots in the roof last night. He's going to get back to me on the replacement estimate, but thinks we probably fixed the problem and it shouldn't need replaced right away. He was really cool about it and wouldn't take any payment for the patch work, saying we should consider it a 'congratulatory new baby gift.'

So that was really great of him! Hopefully we'll be okay for a few months or maybe until next year. That would be preferable.

As it turns out, it's not that the roof is super old necessarily. It's that whoever did the last roofing job, didn't really know what they were doing and ended up doing dumb shit, like nailing down the tar paper in the middle of a trough, thus allowing water running down the trough to eventually leak through the nail hole. smh

Last edited:

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Consider yourself lucky. We were told we would have 3-5 years before replacing our roof after we bought it this past December. Two months and $11,xxx later we had a new roof (it is a cape cod with a high pitch and dormers, thus the lovely price). Don't let that stuff go though, cheaper to replace it before it ruins stuff underneath. Good luck :tup:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Well, if the baby doesn't make his way out naturally within the week, my wife will go in on Sunday to be induced! So I imagine I'm going to be MIA for a while after that. Just FYI... @IGOTASTi

Last edited:
Well, if the baby doesn't make his way out naturally within the week, my wife will go in on Sunday to be induced! So I imagine I'm going to be MIA for a while after that. Just FYI... @IGOTASTi

Thanks for the update. May you get sleep in the near future. If not feel free to chat it up here.

Ah I remember, been awhile. My baby boy just turned 2 months a few days ago:tup: Hope yours comes out soon :D