HolyCrapItsFast... Cyberu belongs to someone else now.

Well with all his ideas and know how I think it is something he should consider. I would be willing to help anyway I can and I think of few of you would help to. I would just hate to see someone steal his ideas and him not profit from it

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
In all honesty this is nothing but a hobby to me and keeping with the maker mentality, i just assume keep it all open source and let them have it if they have tbe wear with all to do it. I just won't make it easy for them lol.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
So I am making progress on the shift light. Sorry for the shitty video quality but my phone camera sucks donkey dick. The colors are much more vivid in real life. This demonstrates the gear indicator digit.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Nice! If u do decide to make some can I decide what colors per shift?

Yes that's the easy part :tup:

I'm still debating on whether I should take information from OBD2 or whether it would be better to just tap into the ECU wires for vehicle speed and RPM. On one hand , OBD2 would be easier but it would have to be plugged in all the time and you would have this dongle sticking out all the time but when you want to do other stuff with OBD2, you can't do that and run the display at the same time. This would be the most universal option for all OBD2 cars and a bit expensive because the dongle is $40 alone. On the other hand, I can tap into two wires from the ecu and save myself a bunch of coding time and make the unit universal for both OBD2 and non-OBD2 cars and not have to worry about the OBD2 restrictions. It will require me to develop more hardware and could shoot the price of manufacture but not as much as the OBD2 option.

Gussy818

Yes that's the easy part :tup:

I'm still debating on whether I should take information from OBD2 or whether it would be better to just tap into the ECU wires for vehicle speed and RPM. On one hand , OBD2 would be easier but it would have to be plugged in all the time and you would have this dongle sticking out all the time but when you want to do other stuff with OBD2, you can't do that and run the display at the same time. This would be the most universal option for all OBD2 cars and a bit expensive because the dongle is $40 alone. On the other hand, I can tap into two wires from the ecu and save myself a bunch of coding time and make the unit universal for both OBD2 and non-OBD2 cars and not have to worry about the OBD2 restrictions. It will require me to develop more hardware and could shoot the price of manufacture but not as much as the OBD2 option.

Would there be wires sticking out? I'm guessing not if it's through the ECU wiring? But that sounds like more work on my hand. Where I can just plug and play the OBD2? Lol

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Hard wired I think is the better option. Lots of guys leave their AP plugged in so an OBD plug might not be so great.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
So I am almost finished with my shift light. I mounted it in a bezel that can fit in any 52mm gauge location. I also created a nifty opening ceremony. The only thing I have to do is verify the signals out of the ECU and calibrate the unit for the proper frequencies. All my math checks out so it should work like a charm. Currently this device senses the clutch peddle, the neutral position, the vehicle speed and RPM and determines gear based on that input. All are hard wires, so some knowledge is required to install it, but it is no more difficult than any other electronic gauge.

Last edited:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wow that is so awesome! When do you think youll have it installed and reag for an actual in car demonstration?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Soon I hope. I'm waiting for a piece of test equipment to arrive to help me calibrate it.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Holy crap! Love it.

That's pretty amazing! Your tempting me to actually want a gauge cluster again. AEM wideband and now this lol.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Just wait till you see what I have planned. You might ejaculate a little.

That's pretty amazing! Your tempting me to actually want a gauge cluster again. AEM wideband and now this lol.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
If that were true I should have been banned the first day I joined. :lol: