The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Unfortunately, I'm stuck in the lab until at least 7pm tonight. If I still have the motivation when I get home, I'll pull the Batmobile in the garage (it's STILL pouring outside) and run that test on the (suspected bad) PCV Valve.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
No... you need to put everything back together and attach the boost leak tester to the air intake. Then pressurize the system from there. You need to clamp off every hose that comes off the intake or turbo inlet including the one that goes to the PCV. Use needle nose vice grips to clamp off hoses indicated below.

View attachment 7319

To test the PCV you need to locate the hoses that come off of it and clamp the one that goes to the turbo inlet and then remove the one going to the manifold. Blow through the line that came from the manifold. If you can blow through then the PCV is bad.

View attachment 7320
Damnit, that line is an absolute bitch to get to. :banghead:

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Great. I just ruined my mother fucking methanol line. I'm tempted to sell this pile of shit. It's nothing but work and worry.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Well, it's not the PCV Valve [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION]. It's holding 30 psi without the slightest leak.

Time to put her back together and go to a shop, unless anyone else has any ideas.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Question for you, where do you work? I worked at China lake cied until yesterday.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
Yazaki North America Inc. (Automotive Supplier)
Canton, Michigan

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
91903112d2f0d3e9a4b6b9880a7e2e8d.jpg

Out of sheer rage (I'm fairly sure my neighbors looked out the window to see what all the swearing was about) I cranked that bitch up to 50 psi. Not even the slightest leak. No doubt in my mind that the PCV Valve is not leaking boost into the block.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
[MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION]

Do you remember noticing anything in the logs that would suggest my MAF was operating erratically? I feel that the seal between my MAF and the charge pipe is not the best. I will see what I can do about that over the next day or two.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Ah. Gotcha. Using some cool tools for automotive supplier. Are ya hiring? Lol!

We should be hiring right now, but an internal restructuring is going on right now and that came with a hiring freeze. When that is over, I'm sure there will be a couple openings at the testing center.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Well, it's an option. Just have to decide if I should stay in California.

I've lived all over the country, and while there are things about California that I love, I could never bring myself to move there permanently. It's just the countermoonbat in me. No offense...

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Well, I got everything put back together with the exception of my VTA BOV coupler. One of the two t-bolt clamps I had on it was in rough shape and I broke it this evening. So I'm going to need another pretty soon. Then, I'll seal up the MAF real good when I can get to that. If the problem remains, it'll be going to Boost Controlled Performance in Livonia.

Unless we can figure it out in the meantime.

Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
@HolyCrapItsFast

Do you remember noticing anything in the logs that would suggest my MAF was operating erratically? I feel that the seal between my MAF and the charge pipe is not the best. I will see what I can do about that over the next day or two.

I don't remember. I will go back and see again. Do you remember what I told you was wrong?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I don't remember. I will go back and see again. Do you remember what I told you was wrong?
Yes, post MAF boost leak. ECU unable to reduce fueling enough to maintain AFR, leading to insanely rich condition.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Just wondering if the leak could be AT the MAF, not after it.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Damnit. Boost Controlled Performance here in Livonia is booked SOLID for at least 3 weeks. Plus, [MENTION=3416]WRB_STi[/MENTION] suggests I steer clear of them due to their pricing.

I'm just bouncing my head off the wall over here. :banghead: