The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What about drilling like they did on the 07 STi?

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Ehhh...that scares me a little bit. Plus, I'd imagine that the 06/07 mid-wing had WAAYYY more force applied at speed and absolutely necessitated the bolts.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yeah we agree with you on that one.

I'd recommend using a stronger double sided tape, fuse it better to the diffuser itself and put the tape all along the perimeter of the diffuser too. Or just rivet it in like I ended up doing, lol.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
They make a special glue also.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I wonder if the design was less than optimal. Seems to me that the cavity underneath may be a little too large. I'm looking at new ones on Ebay right now. Do you remember exactly which one you got or no? If I'm going to buy another one (and I am) I want to choose the best design, hopefully at a reasonable price. [MENTION=2134]Gregroot198521[/MENTION]

Anyone else have one that they really like or could recommend a specific brand/model, etc....?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We want the carbon fiber one from Seibon.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We know we know. ?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
That's really sad. ?

Couldn't tell you, brother, bought it back after I got the car. It was one of those with the tabs on the sides that go into the rain sill area though, if that helps narrow it down a bit. Wasn't super impressed at the fitment though, it kind of "bubbled" up in the center portion (if that makes sense), so I ended up riveting it into the roof, and sealed with E6000 and lots of double sided foam tape. Probably more permanent than you were planning though.

Edit: "Bubbling" probably could've been taken care of with some liberal heat gun usage.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
That's the ones we've seen. They fit in the rain sill.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Thanks Greg! The one I had fits in the rain sill, but that lip that fits in there went all the way around the piece, so you need a shit ton of tape underneath to keep the leading edge from catching wind. If it only had that lip on the sides and trailing edge, it probably would have worked.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Couldn't tell you, brother, bought it back after I got the car. It was one of those with the tabs on the sides that go into the rain sill area though, if that helps narrow it down a bit. Wasn't super impressed at the fitment though, it kind of "bubbled" up in the center portion (if that makes sense), so I ended up riveting it into the roof, and sealed with E6000 and lots of double sided foam tape. Probably more permanent than you were planning though.

Edit: "Bubbling" probably could've been taken care of with some liberal heat gun usage.

Quick question about this E6000 Craft Adhesive. IF this shit were to fly off again and the adhesive managed to get on the paint, does it come off easily or would it fuck up the paint/clear coat?

It seams to come off paint just fine. It's kind of a silicone type stuff, so it adheres better to semi-porous stuff, hence why I have it between the diffuser and the DS tape. As an example I just peeled some off my roof vent.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
...it adheres better to semi-porous stuff, hence why I have it between the diffuser and the DS tape. As an example I just peeled some off my roof vent.

Awesome. That sounds like EXACTLY what I need. Thanks again!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
FINALLY! :D

Remember how I was having a terrible time removing the adhesive (left behind after removing tint overlays) from my headlights? Between myself and my girlfriend, we've spent literally days (and multiple bottles of goo-gone, industrial acetone, etc.) trying to remove it. Well I finally found someone selling 04/05 headlights that are in great shape. I got a pair for $160 shipped! They should be here in a few days. I'm going to swap the clear lenses over to my headlights which I have painted the insides and removed the orange reflectors. I'm half tempted to get Lightwerkz to install angel eyes while I'm at it, but I'm sure that costs more than I want to pay.

What do you think?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
If you do let us know what the cost is. We've heard they do great work.

Mobile Signature: Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!