The Official Firearms Thread

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
That's not too bad. Sometimes I stay away from Cheaper Than Dirt because of the shady shit they've pulled on people over the years. If I was just going to buy cheap shit to plink with, I might be interested in that, but I'm looking for the good stuff. (5.56x45 mm NATO in either M855 or Mk 262)

What kind of shady shit? Stuff that'd pop up in a quick Google search? I know I had no issues with them, rounds came pretty quickly too, lot quicker than the stuff I bought throug sportsmans guide back home.

Think they had some of the better stuff too, I just wanted some cheap brass, but I'd say to see if they carry what you want

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Shady stuff like a $10-15 item for sale + $24.95 shipping. Things like that.

I'll check them out though.

Shady stuff like a $10-15 item for sale + $24.95 shipping. Things like that.

I'll check them out though.

Ah, that one seems to be common in a lot of online shops. I ended up paying $30 each for shipping and taxes on that whole order, so not too bad. Still came out cheaper than I could have bought all of that anywhere local.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Wooohooo! I love gun shows! 2 - 30 round Bushmaster steel magazines, 3 - 30 Magpul PMAGs and 1 - 5 round ASC steel magazine.

$100!!!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
5a8f087231976976601397b2e6b2db29.jpg

Just bought more. Went through about 500 rounds of 5.56 and somewhere around 200 rounds of .40 last Sunday. So bought 1000 rounds of 5.56 to restock.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Nice! You get a good deal on it? Was that a 1,000 rounds of M855?

I rarely ever shoot that stuff, I just stockpile it for future use...should things ever go south.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Woohooo! Ammo purchase complete. Should be shipping out in a few days. 500 rounds of 5.56x45mm NATO - M855.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Not sure about the M855 part, but this is what I bought:
http://www.bulkammo.com/bulk-5-56x45-ammo-556x45mm55grfmjxm193iindependence-500
Obviously 2 boxes of it; Israeli made, seems to be decent quality, we shall see the truth when I go fire some of it off. It was $357 shipped from them.

That's decent stuff, and at close range will defeat Level III Armor Plates, due to the velocity. The bullet is M193 though, just the simple copper jacketed, lead ball ammo. M855 is ball ammo with a steel core inside for added penetration and projectile cohesion.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Dude, this is so fucking sick!!!!!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Since I now have the AR with the bull barrel, I decided to take the Mini-14 back to the old school factory furniture.

With the wood stock and the addition of the barrel stabilizer attached to the gas block, it looks strikingly similar to it's parental namesake, the M-14.

Take a look...

Mini-14
3cf34ae1a3a7244e32a72a8193a1cf4d.jpg

M-14
66c4a7b6160220b39f9de3768f3c4ea7.jpg

My Mini-14
7a20fdc04e457a1dd08992ab803fa64b.jpg

I also ordered a red dot for the Mini and a 4-16X44mm scope for the AR tonight.
Should be delivered in a few days.

Last edited:
Since I now have the AR with the bull barrel, I decided to take the Mini-14 back to the old school factory furniture.

With the wood stock and the addition of the barrel stabilizer attached to the gas block, it looks strikingly similar to it's parental namesake, the M-14.

Take a look...

Mini-14
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160707/3cf34ae1a3a7244e32a72a8193a1cf4d.jpg

M-14
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160707/66c4a7b6160220b39f9de3768f3c4ea7.jpg

My Mini-14
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160707/7a20fdc04e457a1dd08992ab803fa64b.jpg

I also ordered a red dot for the Mini and a 4-16X44mm scope for the AR tonight.
Should be delivered in a few days.
I have an all weather Mini-30 I purchased over an AR since at the time I lived in California and wanted to be able to shoot at the range with out being harassed by range masters or officers.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
It is quite nice to be able to easily switch between the "scary assault weapon" stock and the "not so scary wooden thingy" to keep the moonbats calm.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Well...the Leatherwood Hi-Lux 4-16x44mm scope (for the AR), Sightmark Ultra Shot Reflex sight (for the Mini), Butler Creek hand-stitched leather sling (for the Mini) and British Army magazine pouches were delivered yesterday. I got it all installed and it looks good. The scope is realllllllllly long and I actually had to move my scope mount forward on the receiver to get the proper eye relief, even with the stock fully extended. :lol: The reflex sight is very nice and I can actually see the iron sights beneath it, should I ever have to use them at a moments notice. It does sit kind of high though, and you can't get a good sight picture unless you compromise your proper cheek weld. I'll see if I can get a cheek riser to attach to my stock. Maybe that will make a difference, otherwise I just have to train myself to shoulder the rifle a little differently.

I should have taken pictures, but it was pretty late when I finished up. I'll try to remember to post some tonight.

P.S. This is my 4,000th post!!!!! Wooohoooo!!! :rambo:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
So that reflex sight I bought for the Mini, sits pretty high. In fact, almost any optic you pull on a Mini will sit a little bit high, especially in regards to your ideal cheek weld on the stock.

So I ordered a handmade leather cheek riser pad with ammo pouch. I think it will give my Mini a nice, early 1900's look. I should have it in 2-3 weeks, as they are made upon order.

999f852ca9ba65de842a972429099ce9.jpg

ffae73dfa92c4f9c030fb8ad7fbdeba5.jpg

Last edited: