TMIC fan mod Q&A

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I had that exact crack and it got pretty bad to where I couldn't make more than 14-16psi on a 20 psi tune.
Time for a stock location replacement....time for a new 20G :-D

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I vote 20g or dom 1.5 or a worked over vf48 from six star. The vf48 and dom being my fav.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
We shall see. In the meantime, check this setup out!

155963_1827074634266_56998314_n.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ok heres a video of it in action:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
That's cool.

What's that yellow stuff around your bpv? Gasket,
Gold DEI heat reflective tape. It's around the entire intercooler. :tup:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Ok heres a video of it in action:

What condition was that exactly... The IC spray should not be on that long unless you had the switch on continuous. Other wise the fans should come on when heat soaked and cycle the spray for five seconds on, five seconds off, five seconds on and so on till temp comes down.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Oh and to maximize the IC spray you should have two nozzles. one above each fan.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Oh and also I am telling you those fan blades need to be turned around.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
What condition was that exactly... The IC spray should not be on that long unless you had the switch on continuous. Other wise the fans should come on when heat soaked and cycle the spray for five seconds on, five seconds off, five seconds on and so on till temp comes down.

Oh and to maximize the IC spray you should have two nozzles. one above each fan.

Oh and also I am telling you those fan blades need to be turned around.

Car was off. I had the manual switch flipped for demonstration. I have another nozzle, just need to get more hose. I will get to the fan blades when i can, i need to figure out if i want to get more plastic ties or if i should drive screws through the intercooler. Whats your opinion?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Car was off. I had the manual switch flipped for demonstration. I have another nozzle, just need to get more hose. I will get to the fan blades when i can, i need to figure out if i want to get more plastic ties or if i should drive screws through the intercooler. Whats your opinion?

The ties are a good idea. When I did mine, in hindsight, I should have done the same. The screws kept backing out on me and the fans would loosen and vibrate and chafe the IC where it contacted. The screws were not very secure to begin with.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
The ties are a good idea. When I did mine, in hindsight, I should have done the same. The screws kept backing out on me and the fans would loosen and vibrate and chafe the IC where it contacted. The screws were not very secure to begin with.

Just bought 10 sets. $9.90 for all. However the downside is that they dont get here until friday....

I went to autozone. Nothing.
I went to oreillys. Nothing.

I hate the local stores. Never have anything you need...

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Yeah... Sometimes you have to. :lol: do you need any ties? I can send you some [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION]

ZackUSAF82

I still say you should have attached them with camo duct tape, it would have been epic!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!

ZackUSAF82

They make high quality heat resistant duct tape...I don't know if it comes in camo in that variety however. :lol:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
They make high quality heat resistant duct tape...I don't know if it comes in camo in that variety however. :lol:

:tard: link me! This is madness! :lol:

ZackUSAF82

:tard: link me! This is madness! :lol:

Sadly the highest heat rated duct tape I could find was only good to 200F, I could of sworn they had a high heat rated duct tape they used in auto racing, maybe I'm just not using the right search terms... :( I guess you could use reflective flue tape but it just isn't the same... :lol: