OT: Count To A Million Game!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!

Gotta hop on that Rotella T-6 then! UOA are great!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!

I was at that stage too once. I've been through a lot of brands, but in the end, at least for my application, Rotella is the one for me!

I was at that stage too once. I've been through a lot of brands, but in the end, at least for my application, Rotella is the one for me!

7484 hey everyone has their preference honestly anything is better then stock Subaru oil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
7485 NO WAY!! Are you insane?? OEM oil and 7,500-10,000 mile intervals are the best!!!

7486 see I was told to never change OEM oil bc it tends to void warranties and you know I'm not about that life gotta stay stock af!! Warranties are life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7487 Since I'm not sure if this question warrants a need for a new thread I'm going to ask it here and get us closer to a million post on this thread lol.

First a brief description of my build regarding the intake vacuum lines.

The car is an 05 sti that will be running a perrin FMIC, VTS blow off valve, a grim speed aos with a catch can plummed in for extra security and a NA intake manifold sitting in the normal non reverse orientation since I value my a.c. in summer.

The main question I have is how do you guys think I should run the vacuum lines meaning what can I get rid of and what are the key ones I need to keep?

My intake manifold has three vacuum ports that run the same diameter tubing as the power brake booster on the three of the runners. It also has a smaller vacuum line nipple on the front of the plenum where the throttle body bolts on.

So time to open this can of worms.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!

Why a BOV over a BPV?

Why a BOV over a BPV?
7489 George said it's easier and just as good to go with a good quality BOV. I already have a stupid HKS that I removed the noise maker fins from but will be getting a synapse synchronic bov since I like how fast and efficient that one looks. I'm not about the noise I'm about the efficiency and simplicity of a good BOV.

7490 plus i don't have the perrin BPV hose so id have to drop money in to getting one. It's more about one less big tube hanging out in the engine compartment that I have to wrench around as well.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!

Well, that's one of the three lines right off the bat. We'd have to look at a diagram pertaining the other two.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, that's one of the three lines right off the bat. We'd have to look at a diagram pertaining the other two.
7491 I figure we might be able to brain storm in her then actually make a good clean FMIC vaccum diagram thread in the technical section afterwards lol.

Probably include a TMIC one in the thread or make an individual thread for the TMIC vaccum routing thread as well.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!

I can't find a legit diagram! I saw PCV tube, vent tube to the line that hooks up to the TMIC, and I forgot already what the other one was.

No good diagrams! :banghead:

7494 The power brake booster will have one of the vacuum ports which leaves two larger one and the one smaller vacuum port available on the intake manifold. I'm also not against a vaccum manifold block to eliminate the other ports but it's just extra cost and work.
0c4637c93c159536f758f774e2652516.jpg

I can't find a legit diagram! I saw PCV tube, vent tube to the line that hooks up to the TMIC, and I forgot already what the other one was.

No good diagrams! :banghead:
7495 That's exactly the issue I've encountered. It's amazing that the subaru communities have been running huge TMIC, FMIC, Catch Cans and AOS but yet have not made a list of key components for the vaccum and pcv line routing. Or made several clear line routing diagrams.

I'm figuring the brake booster, boost controller, fuel pressure regulator, waste gate actuator are the key components that need vaccum. Then there's the AOS routing that I figure I can run off the turbo inlet.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!

Have you seen any other builds that have done what you're attempting to do?

Have you seen any other builds that have done what you're attempting to do?
7497 Yes but by the time you get all the coolant lines in the mix of the vacuum and AOS looking at pictures is just a huge spiderweb of WTH. Most people I've talked to that have similar builds aren't super informative because a shop did all the work for them. Then there's NASIOC where most likely I'll be told to search Google or the terrible search engine on their forum ?

I'm sure I can figure it out on my own but I figured it would be an educational conversation to get us closer to a million post count so @Batmobile_Engage can see it before he passes on.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
7498 - Much appreciated, as I'm not getting any younger. :lol:

Last edited: