Spamby's '08 STi

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Sort of there.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406484633.713553.jpg

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Never mind the wire. That's just to keep it on for now.
Decisions now. Hold it on with stainless zip ties or find some capstan rivets and use wire?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406488947.949805.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406488957.283043.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406488965.749615.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406488973.816362.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Keep the wire. :tard:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I see the flow stain. :fuji:

Good results thus far?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
:lol: I don't care about smell as long as it works! :tard:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
And another. So used to the RC antenna.. just looks weird. It's stuck so I'm not taking it off.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407096699.971998.jpg

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I missed this discussion. Your sewing looks like something off of frankenstein! And that stainless wire isn't the most graceful solution. What's the alternative?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I missed this discussion. Your sewing looks like something off of frankenstein! And that stainless wire isn't the most graceful solution. What's the alternative?

Hey now! Took me a long time to get that stitched. Lol.
Stainless wire is what's typically used. It's not pretty but it works. However, I do agree that there is something better. Stainless ties would be better and more attractive. Other than that, I can't think of anything that would secure it because of the up pipe preventing a full wrap. So snaps or hooks are out of the question.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Nomex thread received. Put a few strands on stove grates and it didn't melt. The color changed from black to red but it still remains strong. The burner was on high for 40 minutes before cutting the flame and applying the thread. I would assume the grate temp was well above 500.
Supposedly the max temp is 700 degrees with a working temp of 500 to remain 80% strength.
[MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Fiberglass cloth is getting crusty on the turbo. This means the temperature of the cloth is being exceeded. Currently in search of silica cloth or better yet , someone that sells by the yard.
So it's either get a cloth with a higher temp rating or forgo the cloth entirely and utilize the mesh.