The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Not yet. Been too busy with multiple other projects around the house while working full time and going to college part time. I'm also trying to get my guns sighted in and all prepared for hunting season.

Besides the fuel leak, I'm also working on cutting access holes in my skid plate for oil changes so I don't have to remove everything, everytime I change the oil and filter.

The headlights came out the other day and I will be replacing the plastic lens/covers.

The front mount intercooler is going to get sanded and repainted and the broken screw in my MAF housing will hopefully get removed.

Lastly, if I get a chance, I will extend my IC Sprayer tubing to supply water to the front mount.

I think I covered everything. Man I am just SWAMPED with things to do. :/

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
UPDATE: The battery is all charged up, so I fired it up a couple minutes ago. I didn't have to wait for it to warm up or anything, it started leaking immediately...and now I can see where from. The fuel line coming out of the middle of the rail. Hopefully it's just a torn hose that I can replace.

It'll still be a bitch to get in there. I can get maybe 2 fingers on it.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
uploadfromtaptalk1443657495101.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1443657517755.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1443657543927.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1443657568900.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1443657595011.jpg

As you can see, I managed to cut that bullshit hose clamp off and pull the hose off. I honestly can't see any cracks in the rail or any splits in the hose. I'm amazed it leaked that much. Maybe I just can't see the split in the hose because it's not under pressure.

If I trim it back, and I would, the hose would be too short, so I bought extra fuel hose, an adapter and some hose clamps.

Last edited:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
uploadfromtaptalk1443660588667.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1443660786985.jpg

Success!!!

Well, I should probably drive it for a while first before I claim victory. I have about anither week's of work to do, so it will have to wait.

In other news, I ordered the "Andrewtech" transmission cocktail tonight so see if that improves my f***ed up tranny synchro grinding. For reference, you order 3 quarts of Redline Lightweight Shockproof and 2 Liters of Motul Gear 300.

I hope this works, because currently the tranny is full of expensive Amsoil. Plus, this shit is expensive too. Cost me $100. That's more than 5 quarts of Amsoil from JJ.

Yeah I had the same issue! glad u got it fixed. The hose clamp I had tore the hose up, I had a lot of extra line though and cut the cracked end and hooked back up with a new fuel line clamp and good to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I let it run for a few minutes and revved it up a couple times. So far, no leak.

Again, thank you so much Stimula8, for pointing me in the right direction.

I let it run for a few minutes and revved it up a couple times. So far, no leak.

Again, thank you so much Stimula8, for pointing me in the right direction.

Of course no problemo! ? guess what I get to do tomorrow after work? Install the new IAG oil feed/AVCS line! The line behind the block is gunna be the hardest part. Then new plugs as well!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Ohhh man, that does not sound like fun.

Lol especially when you don't have any tools and their all at work! Gotta bring them home boss! Lol

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I know a few people, especially [MENTION=652]Grinder34[/MENTION], were interested in my splitter and skid plate. Here's a couple to get you started.

uploadfromtaptalk1443744059670.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1443744085215.jpg

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
And before anyone asks...No, I am not holding the car up with the jack. I have 4 jack stands in there. The jack is only holding up the back of the skid plate while I unbolt everything.

That is badass man!!!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
That is badass man!!!

Hell yeah. I don't know how many times I've had to say, "No, that is not a lip. No, I'm serious." :rofl:

Now I finally have a couple good pictures to prove it. I don't know why but I never remembered to take pics before when I had the car up on jack stands.

Last edited:
It's called a skid plate people lol make them bow to it! They need to bend over to see it anyways haha ? did u make this yourself? I like it! I wanna do a stop sign skid plate but stop signs are very rare to come by

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
It's an APR splitter. Carbon fiber on top and fiberglass on the bottom. The skid plate it rally armor aluminum.

Very nice man

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
The skid plate comes pre-drilled but the splitter does not, so you have to map out and drill your own holes. In most cases, there is no good way to attach the splitter underneath the engine unless there is a skid plate in between to bolt the splitter to. Some people don't have a skid plate for this and only bolt the splitter to the bumper. I don't feel that this provides enough holding strength so that's why my configuration is how it is.

Great setup though! In the future one day, I'll do this. I need other things first. I need a bunch of new tools for work, they just opened a harbor freight by my house. I have to finish the car to get dyno ready by next spring. It's all small issues but I want it to be perfect for the PROTUNE. Maybe if I have it done early I'll get a new winter PROTUNE and another for spring/summer. Lots to do besides the car, I have a new Remington 30.06 to scope in, I have a 3x9 60mm scope I just mounted with new rails, it's never been fired, all brand new, and my bow too I wanna go out and practice and get my tags for this year!! I'm running late! Lol I also have been saving for a new place for me and my gf, man growing up is hard and stressful. Lol I need out of mommys house... I wanna be out by April.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
60mm!!! Holy crap! That'll gather a lot of light. I was just telling my gf that I need to go to the range this weekend and finish sighting in my new muzzeloader.

Hell yeah man, life is time consuming and expensive. I definitely know the feeling.

Remember, there is a Hunting & Fishing thread! Post pics in there!