The Batmobile_Engage Member Journal

Hell yeah man. Maybe it's a 50mm don't quote me yet lol I need to double check.. The gun Is down at my cottage about an hour from my house lol. When I get out there maybe Sunday I'll post pics of the rifle! It's pretty clean, I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
UPDATE: The "AndrewTech" STi 6-speed transmission cocktail I ordered has been delivered! Looks like I'm going to be putting that in the tranny before I wrap up all the work as well.

Please say a few prayers that it helps with my terrible synchro grinding issues. If not, I will be quite disappointed that I spent $100 on that stuff while also draining out $75 worth of Amsoil tranny fluid.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I REALLY want a splitter! Why not make the splitter and the skidplate one piece? If i could easily find/transport a big enough piece of aluminum, that's the route i'd go. Attaching it is the real pita. Remind me again, are there front "guy wires" or whatever they're called, and where do they attach?

I just have SUCH a long list of to-do for the car:

Get logging with the AFR working again
Maybe replace AFR sensors
Log (its been too long)
Install wideband guage
Fix brake ducts
Do the 60k service
Oil cooler install
Get an alingment
Gold-tape the engine bay (i think i've had my kylon "experiment" tape for a few YEARS now)
Check the PCV block off thingie that'd by the TB
Re-route the AOS hoses (they hit the hood)
Diagnose/Fix ABS problem
Fix wiring for EGT gauge

And then there are the OTHER cars that have long lists too.

School is killing me.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
There are stainless steel support rods for it, but if you have it supported with enough bolt, they are not as necessary. I'd have the Batmobile up to about 140 with no support rods with no issues.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
If you had one huge piece of aluminum cut to that size and shape it would be retarded heavy. That is unless it was super thin.

For your reference, [MENTION=652]Grinder34[/MENTION]...

The skid plate is 3/16" aluminum (it might be billet for all I know because it is pretty heavy for it's size). The APR splitter is 1/8".

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
uploadfromtaptalk1443825490782.jpg

Take note: See that rolled up chunk of foam insulation in the middle. That is used to seal up the splitter against the bottom of the intercooler. The 04-05's bumper isn't flush all the way across at the bottom. The "bumper splitters" (plastic piece next to the fog light covers) extend below the bumper and do not connect in the middle. This leaves a gap that air can flow through and that 'could' cause the splitter to catch the airflow like a kite and rip off the car. The foam helps build that high pressure spot in front of the intercooler rather than allowing high velocity, low pressure aitflow to go in between. That's the theory anyway and I didn't want to test it. So I bought some foam insulation from home depot, rolled it up real tight, zip tied it securely in the roll and jammed it in between the splitter and the intercooler. It's been like that since 2011 and I sometimes drive like a maniac, so take it as you will...

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Take a look at this picture. There are two things wrong here.

#1 . Holy @#$& that bumper support is incredibly rusted. Water must be getting trapped in there.

#2 . See the top set of teeth on the intercooler? That is where the top of the bumper fits down to. So all that space on the IC above the teeth is behind the bumper which gets ZERO airflow. WTF? How did I not know this before? I couldn't have forgotten, could I?

I've NEVER had high intake temperature problems, so maybe it's not big a deal. Idk...I don't like it.

Ouch [MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION] I thought my FMIC was bad, my fins are pretty bent up, that bumper support beam must not of had any protectant over the metal? Was it polished metal or painted black when you got it?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
It was painted black. That paint flaked off in sheets just before I took the picture. I'm going to sand and paint it with a rust stopper.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Do you know if the drain plug bolts for the tranny are reverse threaded? I can NOT budge them. I dont want to be turning them the wrong way. One of them is already getting damaged.

No sir they are both righty tighty and lefty loosey lol

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Fuck my life. I'm afraid if I pull any harder I'm going to yank the car off the stands and kill myself. :shock:

I needed a 1/2" breaker bar 2 ft long with a 5ft long steel pole slid on it and tugged for the front big one for the front diff case, then the breaker bar was good enough for the small drain plug

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
PB Blaster friend.

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

For the big drain plug I wasn't under the car with the long pole ?

Use ramps like this
287d8bede67cb6da43fb0a99fa0d5567.jpg