Hello from Texas

adamsmarshall

Hey guys and gals, just a new member from Brenham TX (just north of Houston). Recently purchased a new to me 2016 Sti Limited with 6000 miles. Already has a handful of mods and more planned. I'll post some pictures and list of mods shortly

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!! You're going to absolutely love ot here!!! Can't wait to see the pictures. What other cars have you had in the past? What made you switch to an STI?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

adamsmarshall

So I don't have a picture handy as of yet, but so far the mods are stage 1+ (soon to be stage 2), Borla catback, Tein coilovers, a ton of Cusco bracing/trailing arms/control arms, Perrin short shifter/pitch stop brace and pitch stop, new cross drilled and slotted rotors, and a couple minor odds and ends to clean up the engine bay.

Mods yet to be installed, SuperPro bump steer correction, Strafe Designs goodies, Cobb downpipe, Torque Solution motor mounts/trans mount/trans member bushings/subframe lockdown bushings. Then go get it custom tuned when I install the EBCS and enjoy till I get bored and add more power.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
You have chosen well in terms of going all out on the suspension!! :tup:

Didn't know that VA's have a bump steer issue. Is it dire?

adamsmarshall

Welcome to IGOTASTI!!! You're going to absolutely love ot here!!! Can't wait to see the pictures. What other cars have you had in the past? What made you switch to an STI?

As for what I've had in the past, or currently have. I had a 2004 VW GTI back in college that was a fun little ride with just very basic mods. Currently daily the STi, have a Chevy 2500HD Duramax that's stock minus an intake, 2004 Dodge 2500 4x4 with a 6.7 Cummins GTX4202r manifold/106 mm Turbonetics G-Trim atmosphere compounds, makes 150 psi boost, full billet transmission, 4-linked, gutted, etc. Makes 1700 to the ground fuel only, high 8's in the quarter at 5600lbs with my fat a$$ in it, 1990 Jeep YJ on 38's it's a crawler/street toy during the summer, 1989 M998 Humvee which is bone stock for now, and a 1972 C-10 currently undergoing a full frame up restoration, wife's father bought it brand new so we're the second owners.

As for the bump steer reply, not that it has an issue, just replacing with the SuperPro ball joints and tie rod ends as heavier duty insurance as I work on drilling rigs as a directional driller so the STi sees off road duties also. Already put a Rallitek skid plate under her just to prevent potential oil pan issues.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Woah, pictures a must now!!!!

adamsmarshall

Haha, I?ll do what I can. Sitting on a drilling rig right now but I?ll see if I have any handy.

Speaking of, which platform works for pictures now that photobucket is raping people?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
You can use imgur. If on Tapatalk, you can upload pictures directly. :tup:

You can use imgur. If on Tapatalk, you can upload pictures directly. :tup:

+1 for Tapatalk I use it for uploading all my pictures

adamsmarshall

Found a couple pictures of Prudence the Rally Pig on my phone. I?ll have to wait till I get home to load pictures of the rest of the fleet though.

The day after I brought her home
51f68b2607f4658e795b5f4d1cc74415.jpg

And a couple weeks ago after a much needed bath, prior to the coilovers.
de99b71850dc52d8ce9c73290d48b257.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome friend.

Thanks for taking the time to join.

Nice STi.

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

Grinder34

Track Monkey
As for the bump steer reply, not that it has an issue, just replacing with the SuperPro ball joints and tie rod ends as heavier duty insurance as I work on drilling rigs as a directional driller so the STi sees off road duties also. Already put a Rallitek skid plate under her just to prevent potential oil pan issues.

Welcome!

I know a *little* about drilling, as I interned at a startup in the oil industry for a few summers in Houston. They were designing a rotary steerable with a CVT, and thats about all the lingo i remember!

Anyways, I'm up the road a few hours in Dallas, but no longer with my Subaru. Any plans to take it to track days?

adamsmarshall

Welcome!

I know a *little* about drilling, as I interned at a startup in the oil industry for a few summers in Houston. They were designing a rotary steerable with a CVT, and thats about all the lingo i remember!

Anyways, I'm up the road a few hours in Dallas, but no longer with my Subaru. Any plans to take it to track days?

I?ve never run rotary steerable other than when I was roughnecking offshore, just normal bent housing mud motors.

As for track days, I haven?t looked into them just yet, but I certainly intend to by all means. I grew up in Europe because of the oilfield, so narrow, winding roads and rally cars are what I was raised on.

I love my drag truck by all means, but there?s no comparison between it and a car that corners like it?s on rails at 90+