New here

Ephry73

Buying my first Subaru and life the idea of a bug eye or blobeye to work on. In westchester county NY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!! You're going to absolutely love it here!! When will you be getting either car? What car do you currently have?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Welcome! You already got your eye on one, or still shopping?

Ephry73

Well the experience of getting one has been frustrating to say the least. Have had to deal with mental insanity from the sellers end as well as some bait and switch scenarios. I sold my Audi A4 B6 which had a V6 twin turbo swap and the more robust S4 6spd tranny and Quattro setup only to never find the seller whom I shook hands with just days before and settled in a price.
Was just waiting to sell my car to complete the deal. After he went MIA the downward spiral began of countless hours scouring the interwebs and Craigslist crazy scamming ads and running CARFAX reports before driving 100 mile each way trips.

Had a few decent cars but the owners wanted too much for that the cars were and coming from Audi is not that I expect much, but f***. I ended up buyin a friends stage 3 A4 B6 with new paint and great suspension for now. Needed a daily for work and this car is solid. Not my old
Audi, but good enough for now. I will research more. Definitely like the bugeye and the blobeye sti is on my list, but at this point I think I?ll wait a bit and maybe get a project that?s 80% honest and work from there. In the NY tristate area and would love to see and look at the different setups.

Definitely like the older subbies. Haven?t lost hope. Have also met some cool people in the process.

E

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I have an '04 STi, and the 02-07 model years are my favorite. That said, many tuning shops (around me at least) are declining to do much on 02-07's nowadays. They claim that those model years have too many miles and too many accrued ill conceived mods. Thus, people blow them up on the dyno and so forth and then try to sue the shop. A good shop will look everything over and identify any problems before they agree to do any performance work.

Definitely not trying to shy you away from an 02-07, but I wanted you to know what you're getting into if you plan to do a build and outsource the work.

Anyways, welcome to the community. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. There is lots of great information and a ton of great people to point you in the right direction. Don't be afraid to ask for help anytime you need it.

Ephry73

I have an '04 STi, and the 02-07 model years are my favorite. That said, many tuning shops (around me at least) are declining to do much on 02-07's nowadays. They claim that those model years have too many miles and too many accrued ill conceived mods. Thus, people blow them up on the dyno and so forth and then try to sue the shop. A good shop will look everything over and identify any problems before they agree to do any performance work.

Definitely not trying to shy you away from an 02-07, but I wanted you to know what you're getting into if you plan to do a build and outsource the work.

Anyways, welcome to the community. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. There is lots of great information and a ton of great people to point you in the right direction. Don't be afraid to ask for help anytime you need it.

I hear you. It?s the same in the Audi community. Somehow the price discrepancy is what I find difficult to get. Now, a high mileage car doesn?t scare me at all as long as the owner took care of maintenance and the car didn?t wrap itself around a pole. Just bought a super nice car that had everything done to it new paint no rust but high mileage and it drives like a dream with the stage 3 k04 turbo setup. It?s an Audi but I paid well under 4K fornit and it will have to do until I find the Subbie I?m looking for. I like the idea of a bugeye STI jdm conversion with the fhi brake upgrade and a conservative tune stage 3. Light and nimble and all of the braces to make sure the car is held up and not flexing too much.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
welcome man! im also from NY! Putnam county here right on the border of westchester. let me know if you have any questions or need some help

Ephry73

Hey man! Nice to see someone close by. I go to Putnam on a regular basis.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
Hey man! Nice to see someone close by. I go to Putnam on a regular basis.

Sweet. Where abouts in westchester are u? Unfortunately my car is getting built right now so u wont see it around for a while

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=6501]Ephry73[/MENTION]

I also come from the German world. VW and Audi. Had quite the lot of Getman cars. My favorite have been a C4 S4 with 331k miles, D2 A8 with 232k miles, and most recently on my second ALH TDI with 364k miles. Rest of the lot were normal cars.

Been in the Subie game since 2010 with an 04 STi as my main source of enjoyment. :tup:

Do you have any pictures of your previous rides?

SDMotorworks

On Vacation
[MENTION=6501]Ephry73[/MENTION] Welcome to the forum, let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Ephry73

[MENTION=6501]Ephry73[/MENTION]

I also come from the German world. VW and Audi. Had quite the lot of Getman cars. My favorite have been a C4 S4 with 331k miles, D2 A8 with 232k miles, and most recently on my second ALH TDI with 364k miles. Rest of the lot were normal cars.

Been in the Subie game since 2010 with an 04 STi as my main source of enjoyment. :tup:

Do you have any pictures of your previous rides?

I do will have to dig them up. Working doubles for the past few weeks. 04 STI sounds like fun. Found a decent looking gc8. So we shall see

Ephry73

Oh ok not far. Im in Mahopac. Used to work at pepe infiniti

Oh cool. Well definitely close. There?s a fellow Audi RS4 owner around me whom I play tennis with. He?s a car but so any car with the GO will do. Do you guys have meets in the area in the Winter?

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
Oh cool. Well definitely close. There?s a fellow Audi RS4 owner around me whom I play tennis with. He?s a car but so any car with the GO will do. Do you guys have meets in the area in the Winter?

Not much goin on during the winter. I also have a lifted wrangler so ive been spending all my time with those guys since the STi is down

Ephry73

Haha nice. I had the Sahara
Beige JKU on three inch lift with 35? tires for a while. Only one I would see around these parts for a while then wranglers started popping out of the woodwork

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
Haha nice. I had the Sahara
Beige JKU on three inch lift with 35? tires for a while. Only one I would see around these parts for a while then wranglers started popping out of the woodwork

Sweet man. This is my rig. 2014 willys. 3in lift on 35?s

3877e4f8f977af9f945b8397fb5810da.jpg

Ephry73

I miss the wrangler but the v6 in it was driving me nuts with the pcv valve issues