Turbo testing and flow results

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
When you send a turbo in to get a flow test, balance, and anything else it needs, do you receive back a chart of results?

What is tested exaclty?
-CFM?
-Boost psi?
-Temps?
-Shaft play?

I tried looking online, but I'm not getting back any real results. Only bullshit comes back with information on very vague operations. Does anyone here first hands experience?
[MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION] [MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION] [MENTION=652]Grinder34[/MENTION] [MENTION=711]Robert Viehweger[/MENTION] [MENTION=1]IGOTASTi.COM[/MENTION] [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] [MENTION=3416]WRB_STi[/MENTION] [MENTION=1069]35r[/MENTION] [MENTION=3516]zax[/MENTION] [MENTION=600]black bandit[/MENTION]

squrillbait

Sent in the turbo on my supra. Had it bored to a 57 trim on the compressor and had them clip the turbine wheel. They installed new bearings. I didn't get any maps or flow charts unfortunately.

When you send a turbo in to get a flow test, balance, and anything else it needs, do you receive back a chart of results?

What is tested exaclty?
-CFM?
-Boost psi?
-Temps?
-Shaft play?

I tried looking online, but I'm not getting back any real results. Only bullshit comes back with information on very vague operations. Does anyone here first hands experience?
@Batmobile_Engage @Spamby @Grinder34 @Robert Viehweger @IGOTASTi.COM @HolyCrapItsFast @WRB_STi @35r @zax @black bandit

There are 2 ways. You hook up the turbo on a bench with oil supply and push air through the exhaust and flow the intake side. Kinda like flow testing a cylinder head but instead of cramming air through it, you measure how much air it is pulling in. Also, you can measure the wheel size and compare it to a chart that has flow ratings based on that.

They always check bearings and shaft play.
Boost does not matter. That will vary differently on all vehicles.
Temps vary based on setup as well.