So What's Better Than One STi? How About Two! 2016 Subaru Impreza WRX STi (HyperBlue)

Will do! I'm always interested to see what fellow Hyper Blue owners have been doing. There's a Facebook group I'm part of that's all Hyper Blue owners so seeing what everyone is up to even while on the same car is kinda neat. There's so many different directions folks have been going with this car. Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for yours!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We've updated our first two posts, but thought we would post this here also.

We're working on new stickers. You like?

attachment.php

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Took a cool pic yesterday when cleaning up Trixie. ;)

attachment.php

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Just one of them days you feel like playing around, lol.

attachment.php

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Update 3-14-2016: Its time for our first oil change on our 2016 Hyper Blue STi as we've just hit 1000 miles. We're at Kenny Ross Subaru in Irwin PA for this service. We decided to ask the service advisor if we could add a Cobb Access Port to our STi if it would void our warranty. He said Subaru has diened every claim with one install and they can see if you installed one and pulled it. We then said why is the 2016 STi so lean on top. He had no comment, lol.

attachment.php

Gorgeous STI JJ, I absolutely love it!! I like the comment to the dealer about the lean issue lmao but seriously why not try to push the car, it's under warranty! No worry guarantee! Subaru will have to cover it, right? Congratulations with the new addition to the fam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Gorgeous STI JJ, I absolutely love it!! I like the comment to the dealer about the lean issue lmao but seriously why not try to push the car, it's under warranty! No worry guarantee! Subaru will have to cover it, right? Congratulations with the new addition to the fam

Yeppers! Subaru will cover it all as long as we don't touch anything. Problem is that's so hard, lol.

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

Yeppers! Subaru will cover it all as long as we don't touch anything. Problem is that's so hard, lol.

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

Oh of course its hard! I talked to my salesman and he said well if your going to buy it at the end of your lease then do whatever you want to it! Lol I said naw I'm not doing anything performance wise or anything that I can't take off the car and can't reuse. I'd do some mud flaps, and license plate deletes and such that I can put on my next model, because the 2017 model is coming out soon. I might finance on one of those! Lease was my best option for that moment in time because I sold Betsy, my 2004 and I needed a car for work asap. I still had to wait 2 weeks because they had no WRX's in stock.

I just passed 4,000 on my Hyper Blue finally. Had it since October. It had just rolled over 3,000 before we took it on it's first road trip to the Rally in the 100 Acre Wood. Car felt REALLY good on the curvy swervy highways and really controllable and predictable on the gravel and dirt stages.

Curious how you like driving between two different Subies. I've got a 2000 Impreza Coupe I use for rallycross thats pretty different from my newer '16 WRX STI.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
[MENTION=2961]Got Boost[/MENTION] is sending us some goodies!!! Should have it this week.

@HolyCrapItsFast be ready to start tuning. ;)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Woah! Congrats on the new addition to the stable! So... how does the new STi compare to the original?! (despite the mods that you have on the 04)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Woah! Congrats on the new addition to the stable! So... how does the new STi compare to the original?! (despite the mods that you have on the 04)

Thanks!

The 2016 STi handles awesome. It handles as well as the 04 with all the suspension mods right out of the box. Love it! Subaru did an awesome job with it.