car shut off while driving

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
cylinder 2 is at 116psi and cylinder 4 is just above 100psi. just shy of factory spec but my buddy says it should be ok. hes going to test drive it and will know right away if we are good. any profenssional advice on those numbers? also there is no reason that pully should have seized. could i get subaru to cover repairs or something even though im out of warranty? they say the belt should be done at 105k im at 100. and there is no recommendation for replacing the pullies even though you always do them with the belt

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
FINAL UPDATE: THE CAR IS GOOD!!! runs and drives perfect no bent valves i guess Friday the 13th is a good thing after all. thank you guys for the prayers and finger crossing lol i can pick it up tonight. 250 for the timing kit and 260 in labor for install and testing. i am so relieved!

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
[MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] [MENTION=652]Grinder34[/MENTION] [MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION] thank you guys i appreciate it!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Awesomeness [MENTION=5193]War_Panda04[/MENTION].

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
question. i picked it up from my buddies house last night he wasn't home but the car doesn't really pull as hard as it used to. could it be just from sitting for 2 weeks? he took the plugs out to do a compression test so he would have told me if they were bad. any ideas?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
10% variance or less from cylinder to cylinder is what I've always understood as proper. You're at about 16% for number 4. I'd keep an eye on it.

You said he did a leak down test or did I miss something? What was that result if he did?

I'm sure the battery was disconnected so that means the ecu was reset. All the learned parameters are wiped. Typically I see the first few driving sessions a bit down on power until the ecu repopulates itself. Maybe that's what you're seeing?

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
10% variance or less from cylinder to cylinder is what I've always understood as proper. You're at about 16% for number 4. I'd keep an eye on it.
You said he did a leak down test or did I miss something? What was that result if he did?
I'm sure the battery was disconnected so that means the ecu was reset. All the learned parameters are wiped. Typically I see the first few driving sessions a bit down on power until the ecu repopulates itself. Maybe that's what you're seeing?

yes battery was disconnected i hope its just that. im not sure if he ended up doing the leak down test but i will ask later. is 16% that bad? should i do the valves anyway? money is a bit tight so if i dont have to id prefer not to.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
I wouldn't say it's bad but just your 20 psi out from the rest and being on #4 , the problem child, to just keep an eye out.
A leak down can pinpoint more readily where a leak is, if there is one. Air coming from the throttle body is intake valves, air out the exhaust is exhaust valves, etc.
Give her a few days to a week, rub her shifter and tell her she's the best. If she doesn't come around in a week or so, take her back to the doctor.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
I wouldn't say it's bad but just your 20 psi out from the rest and being on #4 , the problem child, to just keep an eye out.
A leak down can pinpoint more readily where a leak is, if there is one. Air coming from the throttle body is intake valves, air out the exhaust is exhaust valves, etc.
Give her a few days to a week, rub her shifter and tell her she's the best. If she doesn't come around in a week or so, take her back to the doctor.

oh i always treat her right ;) when you say "keep and eye out" how do i do that?

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
oh i always treat her right ;) when you say "keep and eye out" how do i do that?

Just what you're doing. Feel the changes, look for oil consumption, down on power, strange noises, smoke billowing from the tailpipe. That sorta thing

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
i just thought of something. the car has been protuned and i have the accessport. if the ecu reset do i need to download the map again? im not sure how this works since this is my first tuned car. (bought it like that) it was tuned at EFI logics by Mikey Botti who i know very well. [MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION]

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
You'll only need to upload the tune again if it was flashed "realtime" before. Otherwise, the tune is permanent.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
gottcha. it could be because of the warmer weather we have over here but if feels like more than that... i guess the slight compression loss on top of the warmer weather would be it.