08 STI build (HPT motorsports)

d0230a80dd1c9651220bdb7ec02024f0.jpg
b400e9bfec84ca0c9696d56590b73911.jpg
03791f2b767c3adc70899c75ccd179c5.jpg
e5c056417f036a0d298f543cba92f57c.jpg
298cb00bee2d701dd760eba998d0d949.jpg

This was a fun project, got my AOR CF splitter yesterday and went ahead and installed it. It's pretty self explanatory for the most part. Just measuring and drilling holes. One of my supporting rods came out a little crooked so I'll be fixing that today. Other than that came out pretty nice IMO.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION]
This man has the same splitter!

Very nice by the way. I love the way they look!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Give him some time to get on and respond. :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
How much was it?

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Same here lol, did you support the splitter to the chassis at all?

My splitter is attached to the chassis with 5 bolts, and to the plastic bumper with 4 bolts. I haven't used the support rods in a few years.

If I do any track days where I'll be seeing triple digit speeds, I might put them back on for additional support. I have exceeded 140 mph without the support rods and been just fine.

Last edited:
My splitter is attached to the chassis with 5 bolts, and to the plastic bumper with 4 bolts. I haven't used the support rods in a few years.
If I do any track days where I'll be seeing triple digit speeds, I might put them back on for additional support. I have exceeded 140 mph
without the support rods and been just fine.

Where did you get the brackets to mount it to the chassis?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I didn't. :lol: I have a rally armor skid plate that bolts up to the chassis supports under the engine. I drilled matching holes in the splitter and put the bolts through both.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
The rest of the bolts went into the chassis support under the front of the engine that the stock plastic skid tray was bolted to and then, as I said, 4 bolts into the bottom of the plastic bumper. It was a pain in the dick to get everything to fit right and it sucks changing my oil because the skid plate has to come off and all but 2 bolts need to come out of the splitter.

The rest of the bolts went into the chassis support under the front of the engine that the stock plastic skid tray was bolted to and then, as I said, 4 bolts into the bottom of the plastic bumper. It was a pain in the dick to get everything to fit right and it sucks changing my oil because the skid plate has to come off and all but 2 bolts need to come out of the splitter.

I dissent even thinking about trying to change the oil. That's going to be annoying I'll just have to drop my bumper with it

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Ehhh...don't do that. Others may disagree, but I feel that once you've taken the bumper off a few times, it never wants to fit as snugly as it did the first time. When it gets warmer out, I might put the car up on jackstands and cut a couple holes in the splitter and the skid plate. One elongated hole for the oil pan plug and one for access to the oil filter.

3ce989beee880f098bb18bf44d6918f2.jpg
aae7537f1574f65763ff514bc668fa72.jpg

More parts (; also have my cobb EBCS and a set of TGV deletes. Will be getting some UEL headers soon and will need a tune. Super excited